Todays road trip Hit 38 banks (see pics)

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Today's road trip Hit 38 banks (see pics)

well, just got back from today's road trip. hit 38 banks between 2 cities. the clock struck 5 pm before i could get to the other 28 in the town. here is the take (with pics)

1---1964 Kennedy
26-----40% Kennedy

this is the best roadtrip so far for me and after the stinking boxes i have been getting i was satisfied with the results. think i will go back next Monday and hit the other banks.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's road trip Hit 38 banks (see pics)

Wow 38 banks!! That has to be a CRH record. :icon_scratch:

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

I guess that's better than nothing. How many didn't have any? That's what I hate.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

Congrats Silvercop , 27 keepers to add to your stash , yeah hit those other 28 banks up ... you just might hit a cache at one of them , hammer down :thumbsup:, Ed

HolyDiver said:
Wow 38 banks!! That has to be a CRH record. :icon_scratch:

I think that Coolpix holds the record at 50 banks , Ed

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

out of the 38 i would guess that 15 did not have any halves at all, and 2 banks refused to sell to me because i did not have an account there. got 10 from one bank that were in 3 rolls. one bank had 400.00 worth in rolls. bought them all and searched in the car......all were skunk rolls. guess i will dump tomorrow and wait on my 16 boxes due in thursday

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

silvercop said:
out of the 38 i would guess that 15 did not have any halves at all, and 2 banks refused to sell to me because i did not have an account there. got 10 from one bank that were in 3 rolls. one bank had 400.00 worth in rolls. bought them all and searched in the car......all were skunk rolls. guess i will dump tomorrow and wait on my 16 boxes due in thursday

I google the area that I want to hunt ... type in banks in Baltimore for example... then I call the banks to see if they have any halves or not and how much they have . It cuts down on alot of time skipping the dry banks plus I print out my search so I have the address , HH Ed

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

I'll be tuning in on Thursday when you get those 16 boxes. I hope :thumbsup:you score a grand slam this time.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

Scalper said:
silvercop said:

I google the area that I want to hunt ... type in banks in Baltimore for example... then I call the banks to see if they have any halves or not and how much they have . It cuts down on alot of time skipping the dry banks plus I print out my search so I have the address , HH Ed

I don't normally do this because in my tinfoil hat world I feel that I'm tipping them off instead of taking them by surprise....

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

yea i do the google and mapquest thing too. i try and group them all by location and try to avoid any doubling back. i have tried to call a few banks and ask them about halves but most of the banks in my hunting area are owned by major banks, and if you call one say for lagrange ga, the call is routed to an answering center in atlanta. most of all the mom and pop banks here are long gone.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

nyiangelo said:
Scalper said:
silvercop said:

I don't normally do this because in my tinfoil hat world I feel that I'm tipping them off instead of taking them by surprise....

HAhhahahh, Lmao that is a good one those tinfoil hats do come in handy :thumbsup:

silvercop said:
yea i do the google and mapquest thing too. i try and group them all by location and try to avoid any doubling back. i have tried to call a few banks and ask them about halves but most of the banks in my hunting area are owned by major banks, and if you call one say for lagrange ga, the call is routed to an answering center in atlanta. most of all the mom and pop banks here are long gone.

Bummer thought that it might be worth sharing but in most peoples hunts prolly doesnt help like you said they route you. Here in the backwoods of hell they sometimes route me but then they put me through to the branch that I tried to call.....best of luck with your next stack of boxes ,Ed

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

nyiangelo said:
Scalper said:
silvercop said:

I do the sneak attack approach too. HH Mark

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good job! 2 weeks ago I hit 37 banks and only got 4 silvers

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006

I usually call ahead as well,On my last road trip i was i a little 2 bank town and knew first bank had 180.00 second bank none.Well after hitting first bank i had to pass second on way out of town and figured i might as well stop and get dimes.After asking for 200 in dimes i asked about old bills or ikes or any loose halves.One teller said nope,other one saide they had a few rolls in vault,i said ill takes em.She comes back out and asks how many,i said all.....ended up with 66 rolls,so much for calling ahead.If ya get wrong teller they sometimes don't check....I got a few in those rolls but not sure how many,was too many coins ago lol...hh jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions