Another road trip 02/03/09

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I hit the road again today in search of silver vein ha, I called the banks yesterday so I knew that they didnt have alot of rolls. But decided to go anyways because this area produces some decent amounts 63 keepers the last time I went . I only managed to buy 590.00 worth of rolls with 260.00 coming from 1 bank and rolled in printer paper ;D 32 keepers out of those rolls and 7 more from the other... for a total of 3 64s and 36 40%s for a total of 39 keepers .

I went into the bank with the sorting machine and asked if I could buy the bag from it ... the teller said to me I dont know why not that bag has been in there since we moved here ... well my joy didnt last long when this voice from downt the line says no you cant buy that bag we dont know the amount in it . So I ask could I please buy it if I fill and I hear back no it could be short etc. we are not getting into this deal of selling bags ...So that was a bummer come to find out that bank has been there are 10 yrs so that bag was about that old plus they have another branch within striking distance that has a coin machine too... oh well it was not to be ..

I had a full tank of gas , a pack of cigarettes and a bunch of $$$$ feeling like the Blues brothrs but no more banks with another 100 + miles, still had a great trip visting with the tellers that I had met on my last trip and got to check out a 1925 Civil War comm. that one of the tellers had cool looking coin.

Totals for the week 182 keepers with 4 boxes coming fri. thanks for reading and hh to all, Ed

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Ed,

Good finds for the number of halves you bought. Too bad about the bag in the machine. I have had that kind of response too, and it sucks because you know there has to be some good ones in there. Someday it will fill up and go into a box of halves you might be lucky enough to get.

Jim

S

seger98

Congratulations on your keepers, I've had banks tell me that to, we don't know how much is in the bag, I guess I should have asked "Why don't you dump them out & count them up for me I'll take them all" :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Scalper

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
seger98 said:
Congratulations on your keepers, I've had banks tell me that to, we don't know how much is in the bag, I guess I should have asked "Why don't you dump them out & count them up for me I'll take them all" :icon_scratch:

Oh I heard that today from one of the other teller , she said "Well I will tell you one thing we are not counting them " hahha before I had a chance to say it ... they know how many is already in that bag . >:(

jim4silver said:
Ed,

Good finds for the number of halves you bought. Too bad about the bag in the machine. I have had that kind of response too, and it sucks because you know there has to be some good ones in there. Someday it will fill up and go into a box of halves you might be lucky enough to get.

Jim

Thanks Jim, yeah I was about drooling to get at that bag... there were keppers floating around town , no crhers , so that bag certainly has some nice ones in it ..., Ed

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos bud on your great road trip!!!!! :thumbsup: :icon_pirat: :thumbsup:

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005