Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure if i understand excatly what you are asking. Are you wondering the value of the silver in a 40% vs a 90%?? If so this site will help it shows the silver value (at current price) in most US coins that contain silver. Sorry if this isnt what you were really looking for just tryin to help

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html

HH

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
colt turned you on to a great website. don't worry about weight. the value is based on spot silver price. the pawn shops, coin dealers, and feebayers all know what a 40% is and how much it is worth....now go get um

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The actual silver content of a 40% half dollar is 0.1480 oz.

Multiply that by the spot price of silver for the bullion value of the coin.

According to dendritics.com, today's spot price is $12.50/oz. So, a 40% half contains $1.85 worth of silver.

Whatever's knocked off that amount is up to the buyer and seller.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
The price you will receive for 40s or 90s is only somewhat tied to spot. When demand for these coins is high you can get over spot by a good margin. You normally don't get spot for 40s due to their low percentage of silver.

Jim

OP
OP
Reverend B*IKE*

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coltdavis said:
Im not sure if i understand excatly what you are asking. Are you wondering the value of the silver in a 40% vs a 90%?? If so this site will help it shows the silver value (at current price) in most US coins that contain silver. Sorry if this isnt what you were really looking for just tryin to help http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html HH

Thats exactly what I ws looking for!!!
Thank you all for comments!
PS Went to the beach for an hour in 22 degree temps Man thats BURR! Sunday up in the 50s!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local coin dealer here in my area offers $1.25 for each 40%.

This is 2.5 X Face

I have not asked latelly for the 90%

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread