My mom got me some silver halves today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
My mom knows about my addiction to CRHing. I've asked her to ask for halves at her banks when she goes (she banks at some banks where I do not go).

She was at one today and asked for them. They told her they had some in their coin counter if she was interested. She called me and asked if I wanted them out of their counter and I said "hell yeah".

She left with about 50 dollars worth. Out of that 29 coins were 40%ers. She did not know what to look for so I had her look thru them over the phone (I could not wait to check them when I see her later in the week). She kept saying 1966, 1965, 1969, etc. No 90s but a good amount of 40s.

She is not physically able to get boxes and such, so I am going to have her order some from a few of her banks and they will let me pick them up. I will be able to get some CWI boxes that my banks don't have cause they are all using Brinks.

I offered to split the silvers but she won't let me give her any. I help her with fixing stuff at her house, etc., so she wants to pay me back by CRHing for me. She is financially sound so I don't feel too guilty keeping all the silvers for myself (ok, maybe a bit guilty but I guess I can get over that) ;D.

Jim

Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Awesome score Jim, maybe I could borrow your mom at least she can get in the coin counters ha...she was prolly happy to score some silver for ya.. My parents have been junked out for quite awhile now and they picked me up coins when they go out of town to the drs appts. etc. I dont offer them no split either they just like to pick coins and they are set for money.

Hey that a good idea about having them order boxes lol... I have done the floors , hang new ceilings , the plumbing , put in new windows ,etc. etc. I dont mind though they need some help and I am the only kid left so..... damn I wish that I could get away with them ordering boxes ,hh Ed

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
she was able to get coins from the counter....thats hard to do around here.....sounds like Moms a good luck charm.....was that all they had? or was that all she could get? i would hit that bank again and get the rest if there are any

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
mistergee said:
she was able to get coins from the counter....thats hard to do around here.....sounds like Moms a good luck charm.....was that all they had? or was that all she could get? i would hit that bank again and get the rest if there are any

That was all they had. They don't get many in they said. I think what they gave her had been accumulating for 8 months or so.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread