New twist in CRH returning dump halves.

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
This crossed my mind today thought it would be hilarious be a good april fool's joke. When getting large amounts of rolled halves and after looking thru them and finding nothing put them back in the rolls and start marking them. Roll #1 90% walking liberty's roll#2 franklin's roll#3 64 kennedy's roll#4 all 1996 s roll#5 40% 65-69 roll#7 mixed walkers and benny's roll#8 s-silver. Top that off take them back to your dump bank tell the teller if anybody ask about halves tell them it's some good stuff. I think im going to give this a try next time I come into some halves again.

Oh yeah just leave at least 1 40% somewhere in the mix. I can imagine the look on the person's face when they start going thru the stuff.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very bad karma. try to do things the proper and moral way if you don't want the same to happen to you. Think how you would react if it happened to you. :icon_scratch:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a crappy trick to pull on anyone!!!!!

I have had it happen to me with dimes, and it is heartbreaking! A few weeks ago I bought $250 worth of hand rolled dimes, they all had old wrappers, account numbers and names on every roll, ten rolls had dates written on them, such as 1961, 1962, 1963 etc.....my heart was pounded as I dreamed up opening a solid roll of 1961 silver dimes. When I opened them they were all clad..........ALL $250 WORTH! It was not a bit funny at all.

Whoever does this type of trick is not funny at all. BAD karma on them, I hope they get skunked bad for a month straight!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Goes4ever said:
that is a crappy trick to pull on anyone!!!!!

I have had it happen to me with dimes, and it is heartbreaking! A few weeks ago I bought $250 worth of hand rolled dimes, they all had old wrappers, account numbers and names on every roll, ten rolls had dates written on them, such as 1961, 1962, 1963 etc.....my heart was pounded as I dreamed up opening a solid roll of 1961 silver dimes. When I opened them they were all clad..........ALL $250 WORTH! It was not a bit funny at all.

Whoever does this type of trick is not funny at all. BAD karma on them, I hope they get skunked bad for a month straight!

I believe in varying degrees of karma. I've had to resort to this tactic to slow down another CRHer in my area. The guy has been too greedy and has sucked up every half in the area. We have over 30 banks in my area and the one day I was able to score $9.50 in clad. This same guy's markings have turned up 30 miles away in another town. I've already bought some of his dumps, re-rolled them and baited them with markings. I've won't be buying handrolls for awhile while I saturate the area with my dumps. Hope he likes looking through $4000 in dumps each week.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
I think you should leave 1 40%, 1 Walker, and 1 Franklin in EACH roll. Just think how crushing that would be for the recipient.

Let me know how that works out.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I would never do this, but it would be a good payback if the CRHer who picks them up is one who re-rolls his rejects carefully in the original Brinks rolls and returns them all, so that they get re-boxed and distributed to other CRHers.

Other than that, bad karma for sure.

Jim

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
even one 40%er in a box is a good thing, no matter what the rolls are marked on the outside!! - I have no problem with your plan as long as you leave the one silver... :)

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
XX said:
I think you should leave 1 40%, 1 Walker, and 1 Franklin in EACH roll. Just think how crushing that would be for the recipient.

Let me know how that works out.
XX -
I think your plan has a lot of merits! Jimmy@romega should implement it! Others, too!
- Grizz

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, karma can come back to bite you in your a$$. Make your decisions wisely.

-Codes

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say go for it. Personally I see no problem with it whatsoever.

It's really a who cares. Getting hung up over writing on wrappers is ridiculous as wrappers are resused over and over and someday the ones you write on may just be filled with exactly what you state (granted the odds are low).

Now, I've never done it as I turn in all my coin loose to the coin machines, but so long as you put $10 in halves in a roll that states there is $10 in halves in it I think you're fine as the person who gets those rolls will get exactly what they paid for....$10 in halves per roll.

Its a hobby, have fun with it. :)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm....

Well its not nice, think if it happend to you. That is why I don't pay attention to what is written or marked on the rolls. Just open them and check for myself, I mark my rolls so I'm not researching rolls twice but. I only look for my mark.

Be kind,

Keep @ it and HH!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i usually ignore anything written on the wrappers and search anyway....but i'm sure my heart would be racing and the thought of driving down to Rome would definitely cross my mind ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread