This weeks 16 boxes with pics

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well i just got finished with this weeks 16 boxes. my wife helped me again this week. the results? not so good...slim pickens.... out of the 16 boxes 10 were total SKUNK and out of the 10 6 were all brand new shiney 1995 clads. i did find a little silver very little...6 40% kennedy halves and i also found 4 statue of liberty commems (clad). well i guess there is always next week :'( :'(

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 250
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 235
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You must have some serious CRHing going on in your area. Those are bad results for 16 boxes. I am seeing more and more of that in my area as well. Out of 6 boxes this week 4 were skunks. The other two had a few keepers, but that is it. Anymore a box with a few 40s is like a dream box.

Someone on this site once said that it will not be long before finding a silver half will be as rare as finding a silver quarter. I believe that will be the case in a year or two as more and more people become CRHers.

The only saving grace for halves is that they are not circulated like other coins thus do not go thru as many hands where the silvers could be removed.

There will always be people dumping grandpa's coin collection into the coin machine. But the silver coins sitting around in Brinks warehouses has gotta be going, going gone soon.

We gotta get while the gettin' is still sorta good I guess.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jim4silver said:
You must have some serious CRHing going on in your area. Those are bad results for 16 boxes. I am seeing more and more of that in my area as well. Out of 6 boxes this week 4 were skunks. The other two had a few keepers, but that is it. Anymore a box with a few 40s is like a dream box.

Someone on this site once said that it will not be long before finding a silver half will be as rare as finding a silver quarter. I believe that will be the case in a year or two as more and more people become CRHers.

The only saving grace for halves is that they are not circulated like other coins thus do not go thru as many hands where the silvers could be removed.

There will always be people dumping grandpa's coin collection into the coin machine. But the silver coins sitting around in Brinks warehouses has gotta be going, going gone soon.

Jim
We said the same thing back in 1980!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Fistfulladirt said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

I just started CRHing in March of 2008, and the difference in quality of finds is astonishing from then till now.

I was not CRHing in 1980, so I don't know what it was like then. But at some point all the 90s and 40s being had by CRHers are going to wind up in a collection or a junk bag and will be out of the market so to speak. I hope I am wrong but I still think things are going to get worse before they get better with respect to CRHing.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jim4silver said:
Fistfulladirt said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

I just started CRHing in March of 2008, and the difference in quality of finds is astonishing from then till now.

I was not CRHing in 1980, so I don't know what it was like then. But at some point all the 90s and 40s being had by CRHers are going to wind up in a collection or a junk bag and will be out of the market so to speak. I hope I am wrong but I still think things are going to get worse before they get better with respect to CRHing.

Jim
I do believe that tons of silver hit the smelters back in the early '80's. From what I remember ( being in high school at the time) the finds were not as good as they are now....I did some searching then, but I will admit I didn't have the funds to search the quantities that I do now....I think the poor economy has a LOT to do with the finds now.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a bank and I know that most of the dumps will come back to the same bank or to an other bank in the same FED Area. That is the way it works.

Still the numbers of silver coins issued is very large in comparison to what we find.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread