My 2nd box of Cents strange stamped penny!

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Well after my first box of cents I was hooked. ( I Really appreciate the newbie guide it was a great way to get me into this and I think i have another fun hobby!) At any rate I've tried about 10 banks looking for halfs lately and haven't found a single one. I guess I'm gonna have to order them - thats next on the agenda. So not wanting to go away empty handed I bought a box of pennies for fun. Well I searched them and found 11 wheats not bad nothing very special but I took a photo of them anyways with my Strange penny that I actually was wondering if any of you more knowledgeable types knew anything about. It is a 1978 that is completely normal except it has the Letters "CT" stamped in front of Lincolns Face and the outline of what looks like Connecticut (North would be at the bottom of the letters) at any rate what better way to describe it than the photo :)

11woddvk8.jpg

This is the whole lot of them

odd78pz3.jpg

And this is the close up

Is this just someone defacing the coin by stamping it or something?

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on those pennies!!! The one with Connecticut is an after the mint stamp. :thumbsup:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
a company put out a set of 50 pennies a while back that all the states stamped on a penny and had them on a display board. someone punched one out and you got it.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions