Today Franklin and Kennedy took a bath

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that many of you will hate this but I have posted before that I love halves for the silver but
I hate them because they are the dirtiest coins and I can not stand the color of my fingers after searching rolls. Plus on top of that every time I am handling my coins I have my wife telling me, " Wash your hands, Wash your hands".

Since I do not have any collectible coins or special coins and the value is just what the silver is I decided to clean them all.

I mixed in a glass 1 quarter of RCL (Kitchen and Bath Multi Use Cleaner) and water and I took a Brush and began cleaning them. They were ugly dirty before and after I was done they were shiny from the mint.
(well not exactly from the mint. you can tell they were clean)

Bu they are clean know

DW

Upvote 0

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I know what your saying I do the same thing to 40%s before
they get packed away.

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Good job! I know some coin collectors out there would cringe at even the thought of cleaning coins. Personally I dont see the big deal as long as you know what you are doing.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope not me, I don't even clean the old nickels that I find while MD'ng. I like the way they look when they come to me, dirty or not. :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Its all gravy until you accidently clean the highly collectable date one that you did not know you had. I don´t clean unless it is so far gone you can´t tell what it is.

Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I like my silver coins to have a brilliant shine. You don't have to take a brush to them, that's what scares me; just do a chemical dip.
I only dip common date silver, for other coins like dug wheats, I tumble for an hour or so, they come out looking great. I've even tumbled corroded old indians with much luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions