dunbar boxes

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have had a couple of good Dunbar boxes here and there. The boxes are 500 dollars worth in each box. Never have seen any half box with 1000 dollars in it.

Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
dunbar? never heard of it. the only services i know of are brinks, loomis and guardia. where do you get those?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
silvercop said:
dunbar? never heard of it. the only services i know of are brinks, loomis and guardia. where do you get those?

They are here in Missouri, not sure where else. I don't believe that they are as big of an operation compared to Brinks, but their boxes are OK sometimes.

Jim

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They are all over PA.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who makes the flat boxes with all the halfs in one row? there is yellow printing on the box. My bank just tells me they come from the federal reserve. The other bank I buy from has brinks service them, every roll says Brinks on it.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Goes4ever said:
who makes the flat boxes with all the halfs in one row? there is yellow printing on the box. My bank just tells me they come from the federal reserve. The other bank I buy from has brinks service them, every roll says Brinks on it.

CWI

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
cmhoose said:
Goes4ever said:

CWI

In my area Loomis represents the Fed or Flt CWI boxes

Mojo

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I get dime boxes from Dunbar. I don't get much but I've never been skunked with one of their boxes.

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
one more question what have you guys been averaging per box of halfs this year, 40% per box and 90% per box??

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunbar services the some banks around me first box was great then so so.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I average 4 per box. Best box had 21. Lots of skunk boxes. Mostly 40%. Very few 90%.

Myself I would rather do dime boxes. In fact I'm going to stop doing the half dollar boxes altogether. The dime boxes are lighter,cheaper,and easy to dump. Plus you don't have to order them.
I get very few skunk boxes. However I normally only get 1 or two keepers per box. Once in a while I'll get three. I like the Dunbar boxes.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
I have had a couple of good Dunbar boxes here and there. The boxes are 500 dollars worth in each box. Never have seen any half box with 1000 dollars in it.

Jim

Same here. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread