armored car driver had some choice words for me

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
was told by my supply bank today that the armored car employees were giving me down the country and calling me bad names. i am good friends with the head teller at my supply bank and she told me all about it. i currently order 16 boxes a week and i told her that i am going to increase my order to 20 soon, after i get my tax refund. i tell you in today's economy i can't believe that anyone would be so vocal in complaining about doing their job....i mean if the armored car employees want to grumble among themselves that is one thing, but to openly complain about having to do your job to your customer??? i mean how hard is it to push those boxes on a dolly? i take them out by hand and have to walk across the parking lot, i don't get to park right in front of the door like they do. i bet alot of unemployed people right now wish they could get a job pushing money around.....anyway i think i am going to increase my order as much as possible.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Some people are just never happy! Take me for instance LOL >:(

:tongue3:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silvercop,

That is funny. I once was told by a teller that the coin courier said "tell your customer he should switch to stamp collecting instead of coins". So I can relate to this.

Those guys get paid the same, whether they deliver no boxes of halves or 200 boxes of halves. They don't want to do any extra work.

You would think they would like the job security that comes with a bunch of CRHers buying boxes.

I have learned after doing this for a while that you cannot expect to make friends with bank personnel, etc. If you do that is great, but you need to look at the tellers, coin couriers, etc, as your employees who are helping you CRH and find a bunch of good silver. Don't take anything they do or say about you personally. As long as they are selling you boxes of coins and taking your dumps who gives a $h*t what they think. Right?

I am very perceptive and can see little looks the tellers give each other when they see me come in with my dumps, and I don't care. It bugged me at first, but then I thought, f' them. They are gonna help me accumulate a bunch of face value silver whether they are happy about it or not.

Just be polite and say thank you. That is all you have to do. If a teller goes out of his/her way to save cool coins for you buy them donuts or something.

Jim

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I would ask the head teller to ask the courier what type of alcohol he wants and buy him a bottle. I have done this in the past with a courier and it really helped my relationship with the branch. All of a sudden the courier was helping the ladies move the coins into the vault from his dolly instead of the ground. Before the bottle the tellers would have to move the coins into the vault.

It got to the point that the courier was looking for certain boxes to bring to the bank.

You get more silver with honey.

65GT350

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea i hear ya jim, i just can't believe they would be so open to complain to the head teller of the bank that his employer serves. and my friendships with the tellers are very few. there is this one guy at my main dump bank. i have talked about him before on this board....he flies around the bank like a fairy and it seems like it just kills him to have to change a bag from the machine. he has not said anything yet, but i am very good at reading people (in my line of work i have to be) and i know he can't stand it when i come in the bank to dump. i just smile at him (but not to big of a smile) and say thank you. :D :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stuff um with clad and throw um overboard :angry9:

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea i have thought several times of trying to talk with the guards, but the guys partner is at least 60 years old and built like barney fife, and he looks like the type to shoot first and ask questions later, i don't think i should even approach him in uniform, i have thought about trying to approach him outside the bank and make sure he sees the patrol unit but still i mean you just don't ever know, like i said i am good at reading people because i have to be and i just don't know about that dude...

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
was told by my supply bank today that the armored car employees were giving me down the country and calling me bad names.

Wonder if one of the grumpy tellers I run into are his wife?

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Don't sweat it! Most of those armored car guys are cop wanna be's anyway. If they can't lift a few coins, then they definitely can't pass the physical. LOL Make 'em earn it from now on, and let that silver pile up.

HH
cmhoose

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't really care just as long as i am getting good boxes, i wonder if the guards load the truck themselves or someone else does it?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks employees are definately underpaid. I interviewed with them last year, and I was quite surprised at the pay.

You have to wear a bullet proof vest, you carry a firearm, you are responsible for transporting and gaurding many thousands of dollars, and the pay for Brinks in my area was $12.00 per hour!!!!

I asked them what kind of raises do you get, the answer was after one year of service you get 50 cents, after two years you go to $13.00

and after that the raises got smaller. Pretty pathetic for all the risk/responsibility they ave IMHO.

Plus to top that off, they operate 7 days a week, and you had to work two weekends on, two weekends off. All that for $12 an hour!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I knew a cop who moonlighted as an armored car driver. He was ambushed and killed during a robbery. Lousy pay for a dangerous job

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I have to say if you start to hear grumbling like that you need to tread carfully or you might just get cut off.

The tellers comment may be her way of saying your treading on thin ice and should consider a smaller order to avoid loosing your meal ticket.

Do not make waves. maybe you can split your order between a couple of different banks / Branches as to not raise any eyebrows....?

This has worked for me with no complaints. I also spread my dumps out I only buy or dump what I can carry in and out..... which = about 3 boxes per stop.

Mojo

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
65gt350 said:
I would ask the head teller to ask the courier what type of alcohol he wants and buy him a bottle. I have done this in the past with a courier and it really helped my relationship with the branch. All of a sudden the courier was helping the ladies move the coins into the vault from his dolly instead of the ground. Before the bottle the tellers would have to move the coins into the vault.

It got to the point that the courier was looking for certain boxes to bring to the bank.

You get more silver with honey.

65GT350

:thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Man coinmojo you have been rough lately...that is some tough love bud. I agree if you have to search that many that maybe he should switch to smaller denominations. It is better overall for the hobbie to not wear out the banks. Seems that banks in every state are trying to charge fees to order boxes. Silver cop...that is my suggestion. Try dimes for a while. What is easier to haul 5,000 in dimes or 20,000 in halve?

Golden Silver

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Order more boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Jim I had this same sh*t with the brinks people over 2 boxes a week they almost got me shut off at one point . My supply bank told me about it and asked some questions then she says I just think there lasy but the head teller at my dump bank ragged at me and keep asking me if I was looking for silver and if I was I wouldnt find any, everytime she said that I would end up having some awesome boxes that week ;D.

So as they bitched I ordered 2 more boxes a week ( would have ordered at least 20 but getting 4 is a act of god) so the Brinks dudes finally stopped bitching because they couldnt deter me .

Fwiw if you boxes arent producing that great maybe get 10 from Brinks and 10 from Loomis ( or whoever is in your area )

Best of luck , Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread