Anyone deal with the Nucleo Exchange?

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
I think they have a message board that might get you fast response...but it does take a while. They have been backed up for about 6 months now...

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
theeteetotaler said:
I sent them out $300 face in 40% that arrived yesterday morning, my account still hasn't been credited for the coins. Anyone deal with them before and know their turn around times?

thanks in advance

I deal with them ALL the time. Bought 3,000 silver eagles there last month (decent timing at least!)

They take a few days to book in your product or cash, but they are very honest and very good to deal with. At lesst that's my opinion. Takes about 2 weeks to ship out silver coin, and about 2 weeks to send a check on a sale. Recently at least. So look for your account ot show the items recieved by the end of the week, and to see a check shipped in another two weeks ... from then. Seems slow, but that is better than most places. :-)

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
jrf30 said:
theeteetotaler said:
I sent them out $300 face in 40% that arrived yesterday morning, my account still hasn't been credited for the coins. Anyone deal with them before and know their turn around times?

thanks in advance

I deal with them ALL the time. Bought 3,000 silver eagles there last month (decent timing at least!)

They take a few days to book in your product or cash, but they are very honest and very good to deal with. At lesst that's my opinion. Takes about 2 weeks to ship out silver coin, and about 2 weeks to send a check on a sale. Recently at least. So look for your account ot show the items recieved by the end of the week, and to see a check shipped in another two weeks ... from then. Seems slow, but that is better than most places. :-)

I've dealt with them once and Jrf30 comments are about right. It seemed to take forever but that was because I was nervous about the company.

HH,
65GT350

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Bought 3,000 silver eagles there last month (decent timing at least!)

JRF,

That is a huge position in Eagles. I am curious, do you prefer them to Engelhard or JM one ounce bars/rounds?

I have some Eagles I picked up a while back, but most of my silver is is one ounce Engelhard bars/rounds and Mexican Libertads, and also some 10 ounce Engelhard old time bars that look like a bar of soap with a few JMs and Sunshine too.

I like Eagles, but the extra premium turns me away. I have not bought silver in a while and will not buy anymore. I am probably done buying gold unless it drops below 900 again.

Time for me to put away some cash so I can buy a house after the house market crashes some more later this year.

Jim

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
jim4silver said:

JRF,

That is a huge position in Eagles. I am curious, do you prefer them to Engelhard or JM one ounce bars/rounds?

I prefer the eagles and the prospectors. The main reason is that if we have a devaluation of the dollar (I think it could happen in two years) then silver and gold will go through the roof. And people will recognize the eagles more than the bars if I decide to SPEND them. People like the look of "coins" If i need to spend these in the future, I think the coins will work better. Just personal opinion though.

As for the premiums, boy do THEY jump around a lot. I mark prices on Nucleo from time to time. Sorta track the premiums. I show at one point a few months ago, when silver was at $9.84 per ounce, the eagles were at $16.54 bid by $16.80 ask. A HUGE premium. But when silver went up close to $11 per ounce, I was able to buy at $14.95 per coin and some in the $15's. I think the premiums will jump again at some point, and i"ll sell when the spread is higher. And the price is higher too, of course.

I also have a local dealer that gets eagles from time to time. He charges me $3 over spot to buy all he has. I got a bunch for $12.71 per ounce, and many more in the $13.50 range. That is sweet.

As for that house idea. I already started buying again. I went to two auctions two weeks ago. A Hudson and Marshall and an REDC. Two big firms that advertise these "Bank foreclosure sales. Hundreds of houses. Buy now, now, now!!" type stuff. I bought NINE houses. And at HUGE discounts. The lowest price was one that sold for $202,000 in 2005, has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a 2 car garage, is 1,395 sq ft, was built in 2001. Good shape, and doesn't even need new arpet (Most do). Even though it sold at $202,000 in 2005 it is worth about $110,000 today. OUCH! But, at the auction? I was high bidder and they accepted my offer at $47,500! For a house that is 8 years old and in a decent area. The way I see it, the value is down a lot, but the banks are selling well below the current value. Although I think values will drop more in 2009, this house may drop from $110,000 to $90,000. And I still own it at $47,500! Sorta like those silver rounds. The premiums came out at Nucleo. ANd the discounts will come out from the banks as we hit bottom, and they anticipate being able to raise some future prices. So I"m buying now on these deals, even though prices could go lower. (I also see a V bottom more than a U bottom, so when it happens I think things will change quick. And lastly on this topic, if hte dollar is devalued, the prices of hard assets will scream up. LIke gold and silver. And houses! WHich is how I htink Obama will get us out of hte mortgage crsis. Make inflation high, devalue the dollar and say it is a tradagy he has to do anyway, and hte mortgages stay the same but hte prices go up in the inflation, and that makes the negative equity people have go to a positive equity. The thougth is long, but that's the jist of it)

Anyway, that's something for you to think about as you contemplate buying a house. Don't buy at $110,000 on one that used to be worth $202,000, as it is going ot $90,000 I think, but also watch for the super deals when the banks give them, as they are lower than the bottom will probably be. :-)

(This is not investment advise. Just my opinions on my own situation and what I see. Blah, blah, blah. disclaimer)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
...but most of my silver is is one ounce Engelhard bars/rounds and Mexican Libertads,
I may have a chance to buy some Libertads. I have been talking to a lady that has been describing old mexican silver coins that are in her safe deposit box. Her deceased husband put them there 35 years ago. She does not know what they are and told me she will look at them to get an idea.

Are there any buyers that I can trust or would it be best to send them into a refiner?
These are not something I want to hold on to, or are they recognized everywhere as 1 ounce silver?

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
cyberdan said:
jim4silver said:
...but most of my silver is is one ounce Engelhard bars/rounds and Mexican Libertads,
I may have a chance to buy some Libertads. I have been talking to a lady that has been describing old mexican silver coins that are in her safe deposit box. Her deceased husband put them there 35 years ago. She does not know what they are and told me she will look at them to get an idea.

Are there any buyers that I can trust or would it be best to send them into a refiner?
These are not something I want to hold on to, or are they recognized everywhere as 1 ounce silver?

Cyberdan,
If the coins were put away 35 years ago they are not the bullion Libertads (1982-date) More likely they are large silver pesos or maybe even the pesos with Jose Morales on them.

Here are some pictures of the old pesos.

HH,
65GT350

Attachments

• unpeso43.jpg
    unpeso43.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 335
  • unpeso58.jpg
    unpeso58.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 340

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
jrf30 said:
jim4silver said:

JRF,

Anyway, that's something for you to think about as you contemplate buying a house. Don't buy at $110,000 on one that used to be worth $202,000, as it is going ot $90,000 I think, but also watch for the super deals when the banks give them, as they are lower than the bottom will probably be. :-)

Good advice. I have never owned a house so I am a bit wary. I almost bought one 3 years ago during the boom. Glad I waited. I may wait longer in that I am renting a nice place and paying less than half I would on a house that would probably be sinking in value with rising property taxes. Plus lawn care is part of the rent as is all repairs, etc.

cyberdan said:
jim4silver said:

Watch out for the old peso coins. They have relatively low silver content and are hard to sell to the average coin dealer if you want to get rid of them. Many are .720, .50, .10 percent silver. I bought some a while back and am saving them hoping for some numismatic gain in the next 10 years or so.

If you get some actual Libertads-also called Onzas (early ones .925 and later .999), keep them. They are cool bullion coins and have a bit of a following.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GT & JIM
Thanks for the advice. I hope to look at them this weekend. I called the lady last night and she started stuttering and stammering. I thought she was going to say she changed her mind. Then she apologised, she hid them because she had a big crowd coming over for a few days and now she can't remember which hiding spot she put them. ???

Any way she will keep looking and I am to call her back. (wonder if one of her guests walked off with them :-[ )

If they are not bullion coins I may pass or buy just a few and check them out.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
...and now she can't remember which hiding spot she put them....

UPDATE!!!

Well she did find the coins and I drove the 12 miles to her house yesterday to look at them.
Not one single coin was silver! >:(

After I graciously declined her common circulated mexican coins she told me she also found these.
1870 2¢
1870.jpg

1846 1¢
1846.jpg

1826 1¢
1826.jpg

1858 1¢
1858.jpg

These are not the coins she had hers were at the best only in good condition. She wants to ask her son if he wants them first. If he doesn't then I get all four for $10 :thumbsup:

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
cyberdan said:
cyberdan said:
...and now she can't remember which hiding spot she put them....

UPDATE!!!

Well she did find the coins and I drove the 12 miles to her house yesterday to look at them.
Not one single coin was silver! >:(

After I graciously declined her common circulated mexican coins she told me she also found these.
1870 2¢

1846 1¢

1826 1¢

1858 1¢

These are not the coins she had hers were at the best only in good condition. She wants to ask her son if he wants them first. If he doesn't then I get all four for $10 :thumbsup:

looks like you found some nice coins after all , best of luck hope that you can score them for $10.00 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread