Almost gave up

dirt diver

Jun 29, 2008
IA
Detector(s) used
Lone Star
Almost gave up'

I started on Monday buying 4 rolls of halves each afternoon and hadn't found anything. I told myself that everything I was getting had already been gone through and I wasn't going to do it anymore. For some reason I pulled into the bank anyway and got three rolls. When I got home the latest issue of Fur Fish and Game had came in and I was going to read it first but the rolls kept calling my name. On the last roll I finely found one 40%. Now I'm hooked, back to the bank tomorrow afternoon.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: Almost gave up'

Congratulations on the find, how's the fur prices this year?

OP
OP
dirt diver

dirt diver

Jun 29, 2008
IA
Detector(s) used
Lone Star

Not good due to the slump in the world mkt.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

dirt diver said:
I started on Monday buying 4 rolls of halves each afternoon and hadn't found anything. I told myself that everything I was getting had already been gone through and I wasn't going to do it anymore. For some reason I pulled into the bank anyway and got three rolls. When I got home the latest issue of Fur Fish and Game had came in and I was going to read it first but the rolls kept calling my name. On the last roll I finely found one 40%. Now I'm hooked, back to the bank tomorrow afternoon.
F-F-G magazine, love it, subscriber scince I was a teen, I'm 47 now. Heard 'rats were bringing a dollar ea. this season, 3 years ago it was $9 here in Mich.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Same here on FFG - great mag!
Lew & Charlie always found silver in their change!

S

seger98

I was a fur buyer for 15 years, had some good years & some bad ones, don't buy anymore, but still trap.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fistfulladirt said:
dirt diver said:
F-F-G magazine, love it, subscriber scince I was a teen, I'm 47 now. Heard 'rats were bringing a dollar ea. this season, 3 years ago it was $9 here in Mich.

Back in the 70's when my dad and brother used to trap they would get $2 for muskrats, $25 for fox, I think $10 for raccoons. I remember one time helping them check the traps and my brother had caught a catfish in one of his muskrat traps. He got quite a teasing for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread