First Try Ever

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I'm new here to TNet, after returning to this great site time and time again for the past year I finally joined. I love to garage sale and MD'd a couple times with my son last year around school yards and playground with a cheap Radio Shack unit, found some clad and am looking now for a better MD. I'm way up north next to the Canadian border so the sales and MD are gone until April/May... I read this site and said why not pick up another hobby during these slow months? So yesterday I go to the local bank and ask for half dollars. The teller says I've got rolls, how much would you like? I said 30. She goes in back and comes out with 3 rolls and says that will be $30 please. I said no I want 30 rolls. Her face lit up and was so happy to get rid of them. Said she has alot more too. And a bunch of misc $1.00 in rolls too!! My son and I had a great time looking them over...we got Kennedy's ... 1- '64, 4- '67, 1- '68, 1 Bic. '76 S, and a 1937 Liberty that has a hole in it at the 10 o'clock position, about the size of a .22 bullet.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Sounds to me that you may be the only one looking in your area. Hit every bank within 50 miles and you should hit some old silver. Congrats.

Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off let me welcome you to the land of posters!!!!! Great score on that silver, keep looking for the big score!!!! :thumbsup:

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Congrats , yeah listen to GS punch ever bank that you can cuz it sounds like you are in virgin area ..could be some really nice stuff around, best of luck , Ed

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our corner of Tnet. Sounds like you're off to a good start j raud.I agree, hit every bank in the area,who knows what else is there. Did you get all the halves from that bank yet?Keep an eye out for older looking rolls of the smaller denominations too. Good luck.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Welcome and congrats!
Cold country -what town?
I'm a Clarkson alum.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Welcome!!!
I'm from south of buffalo
Great start.
Go to every bank in your county ( even the tiny ones )
And, always take as much cash as you can afford when you go in.
Welcome!!!
Dan

OP
OP
My Precious

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mountainman 2 said:
Welcome to our corner of Tnet. Sounds like you're off to a good start j raud.I agree, hit every bank in the area,who knows what else is there. Did you get all the halves from that bank yet?Keep an eye out for older looking rolls of the smaller denominations too. Good luck.
Went back yesterday and got the last 44 rolls. Opened them last night and got 11 more 40%.

OP
OP
My Precious

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
what was in the $1.00 rolls?
Haven't been back for those yet. When I went and got the last 44 rolls of halves the same teller said she had well over $2000 in misc. dollar rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions