scheme to get this tellers silver

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Alright, so the dump bank I go to there is a teller, and to be quite honest she is fairly obese. This bank is in a rough area, and there is bulletproof glass to protect the tellers (yeah i'm hardcore so what?? ::) , actually yesterday there were shots fired about 1 hour before i arrived). Anyways, last time I dumped halves she made me put 500 through the little tray there instead a two sided cubby hole (not quite sure how to describe it, but it can only open 1 way at a time for safety reasons. so I open, put in the box, and then she opens to get the box). Well this cubby hole was like 5 stations down and she didn't want to walk down there to get the box and walk back, instead she made me put 50 rolls underneath a 5 inch slit to her. Retarded. So today she walked down to the 5th station to get them, only brought a chair to wheel the half dollar box around on. Ridiculous again. So I get back to her station well before her and eye her teller tray like a good CRH'r :angel12:. To my surprise I see about 5 silver halves along with what I think to be several silver quarters and a few silver dimes (the quarters were canadian, unsure on the dimes). My plan is to figure out when her lunch break is and go in to a different teller and ask the different teller for all the tellers halves. Usually when this is done they will just exchange the money themselves. Is that cheap or not? I mean if the teller is lazy enough to leave them out instead of exchanging them, doesn't that mean it's fair game? What do ya'll think?

Upvote 0

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she'll lock up her change tray along with her cash drawer while she is at lunch, so it won't do you much good to try and get them while she is at lunch

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have seen tellers leave silver in their tray and I don't know if it is laziness. Sometimes they cannot buy them until their shift is over, and even then they have to sell them to another teller and buy them. Thus they cannot directly buy from their own stash from what I have heard.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with your plan, but good luck. I would be shocked and amazed if one teller sells you something from another teller's drawer. The change tray is considered part of their drawer so I bet they will tell you to wait and deal with the teller when she gets back from lunch.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to come back later because the teller with the halves in her "vault" or drawer was not their that day or at lunch.

I think you will not get those coins unless you deal with the teller who is in control of them. If she is a silver collector probably be a no go. But worth a try.

Just my 2cents.

Also, I have seen tellers at my banks use a chair to haul my dump bags or boxes of coins around. Usually older ones or those with bad backs.

Jim

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
i have had tellers call me telling me that they got some coins in that i might be interested in. Twice i happened to walk into the bank while they were at lunch, and none of the other tellers would touch there coin tray. On one of those occasions, the teller actually left her tray on the counter (behind b/p glass i might add), and i could clearly see and envelope on here counter with my name on it. she happened to be in the lunch room and still had about 15 minutes left, so i did not have to wait long. I had asked her why the other tellers couldn't get them for me and she told me the other tellers could get fired for touching other tellers trays. And everything is caught on tape.....

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I did ask to buy it, there were ~ $5 worth, half were silver half weren't. When I asked she just took out the clad ones for sale. I said that's ok!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread