Whole box of 2008 D Uncirc Dimes from the bank

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
todays outing netted me 1 silver 40% half and a whole box of 2008 D Uncirculated Dimes. I noticed all the shiny ends and was like thats strange and opened a roll only to find they were all nice and shiny and the whole roll was 2008D Brand new dimes i looked at the unopened rolls and to my amazement all are showing the same date/mint mark on the ones that are facing out. I'm not sure what to do with these it would almost be a shame to break them open and send them into the wild - but i really don't want to hold onto 250 dollars worth of dimes... What would you guys do?

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Keep one Roll if you want to wait 100 years for them to have any value.

But obviously they must be put into service as intended.

Mojo

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That's happened to me a couple times, disappointing as then you've got to dump 'em without getting to search a box.
I'm waiting for the day when my order of several boxes come in and they are ALL brand-new. OH, the horror!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people have them on ebay for sale, and oddly enough people DO bid on them......chec it out

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
that happened to me once...All my dimes came from a new bank which I thought id have great luck with. It turns out it was a skunk $250 worth of dimes. Not one silver...oh well. Good luck on CRH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread