Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week I did 8 CWI boxes of half's from 2 different banks in different towns and different CWI #'s on the boxes, all 8 boxes were skunks... :tard: The only keeper that I got all week was a sorry looking 1983s clad proof - LOL. I hope this isn't gonna be a repeat of last years 21 straight skunk box run, that was painfull to say the least... :-\

In all of the boxes the 2 main dates that kept poping up was 1971 & 1976, hundreds and hundreds of them, many with shiny edges. >:(

I hope everybody else is having better luck than me. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
One of my CWI box this past week was a solid 70's clad. Not a single 80, 90, or later. Very strange. Out of my 8 boxes this past week, I only pulled 11 40%. They were recently stamped Feb 3rd with the same inspector #.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Bummer TF , that really sucks I am not doing much better the last 3 weeks I only averaging a 1.5 keepers per box..heres to some better boxes , Ed

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had the "pleasure" of experiencing cwi boxes. Most of the banks around my neck of the woods are serviced by Dunbar. So for I can't complain. Send you a little sacrifice to the ag gods.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Time for ya to concentrate on dimes again! Take a break, come back to halves later. I've noticed a trend, and when i do that i get a few good CWI boxes of halves.

If you take 13-15 silver dimes from 4 boxes, it's the equivelent to searching 2 boxes of halves and takin 3 90%, or 7-8 40%.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I have been in a terrible slump around here. (southeastern Michigan.)

90% of my boxes have been Skunks so far this year.

So 1 out of 10 I get something but still very little.

My best box this year came last week with about 30 keepers. all 40%.

I avg. 12 boxes a week and at this point have done 70 boxes this year.

7 have produced at least 1 keeper.

63 have been Skunks.

Mojo

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have been in a terrible slump around here. (southeastern Michigan.)

Man talk about kicking a man when he is down. Next thing you know they'll close down Boblo Island. :wink:

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
Sorry about the skunks. You have had some great finds so far this year though. Hopefully it will pick back up.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
TreasureFiend said:
This week I did 8 CWI boxes of half's from 2 different banks in different towns and different CWI #'s on the boxes, all 8 boxes were skunks... :tard: The only keeper that I got all week was a sorry looking 1983s clad proof - LOL. I hope this isn't gonna be a repeat of last years 21 straight skunk box run, that was painfull to say the least... :-\

In all of the boxes the 2 main dates that kept poping up was 1971 & 1976, hundreds and hundreds of them, many with shiny edges. >:(

I hope everybody else is having better luck than me. :tongue3:

Sorry to hear that Fiend! Keep at it and hopefully your luck will improve!!

BTW: I ABSOLUTELY HAAAATE those commemorative halfs!!! I wanna just chuck them across the room when I start getting about 7 to 10 per roll.

S

seger98

How quickly they forget the 38D they had just scored! Can't win everyday, it would take all the fun out of it! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread