Saturdays Silver

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I went to a new Bank on Saturday to find some boxes,
The teller says we have one box, I said I would take it,
he comes back with one roll in his hand and puts it in his
drawer and says, we only have $490. Now at this point
I am thinking what was showing, a Walker, a Ben or even
a Barber? What ever it was nothing I can do about it now.
So when the girl with him is doing the transfer, he is going
through the box looking for more goodies.

This is happening more and more and is quite upsetting but
it is all part of the game.

Out of this box
1-64
11-40%s
Enjoy

Attachments

• silver coins 001.jpg
    silver coins 001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 249
  • silver coins.jpg
    silver coins.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
My question is why would this teller feel the need to open your box (looks like a Brinks box)?

When I get my boxes from all my various banks they are sealed shut. I will refuse any full box that is open, because a time or two when I accepted said box it had all rolls that were re rolled by a CRHer that returned his dumps that way and the bank wanted to recycle I guess.

The answer could be that the teller wanted to keep a roll out for the occasional customer who asks for a half. One of my buy banks always takes out a roll or two from a box so that they have some for other customers. When I call to ask what they have after an order comes in, it is always something like "2470 dollars worth", or something like that. I will often take the leftover box missing a few rolls cause I know the tellers at this bank don't seem to care about searching them.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It's happened to me before, yes, all part of the game. Some tellers are silver saavy and feel that it's "their" coin, (it's not?), and that they can do with it as they dang well please.
I've had them pull the clad from the tray and leave the silver, I've had them search the rolls in front of me, I've had them sell coin out of the box i've ordered....the list goes on.
Yeah, if i'm a member there, it's not going to happen again. If i'm not a member, well then.....

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I generally won't accept a Box that I havent personally cracked open myself in front of the teller. And I make it clear that I would not accept a box that was already open if it is a box I had orderd.

At the same time I never leave the Bank without cracking the seal and checking the box.

If this teller wanted a roll I would oblidge after I search it myself. But would not accept this box already open unless your willing to accept it that way.

Maybe next time if ever he pulls this stunt ask him if you can see or search it yourself?

Mojo

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I would be *%%%*ing ripped that is a sin ... I know that these things are part of game but opening your box and taking out rolls , that bastard needs to be hit with the clad ones for cherrypicking ... sorry to hear about that Omega ... maybe some good karma will come and bless you best of luck , Ed .

Fistfulladirt said:
It's happened to me before, yes, all part of the game. Some tellers are silver saavy and feel that it's "their" coin, (it's not?), and that they can do with it as they dang well please.
I've had them pull the clad from the tray and leave the silver, I've had them search the rolls in front of me, I've had them sell coin out of the box i've ordered....the list goes on.
Yeah, if i'm a member there, it's not going to happen again. If i'm not a member, well then.....

That is some crazy sh%t FFD and really sucks ... I have 2 or 3 tellers that told me they pick the silver ones from there trays but they dont touch the rolls or boxes and I know that they are telling the truth from the rolls I get from them like the 5 solid rolls etc. Wow sorry to hear about that madness you deal with best of luck Ed

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I order the box I want the whole box, but if I go in and ask what they have then I take what I can get. That sux though.... :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread