lol

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
http://cgi.ebay.com/MIXED-DATES-BANK-WRAP-SEALED-BOX-50-ROLLS-PENNIES-25_W0QQitemZ370157811178QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item370157811178&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

hahahahaha this guy is selling an unopened box of pennies with no specific year when they were bought, but they look like the boxes of pennies i get....and thv bidding is over $25 LOLZ

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There's a sucker born every minute" - P.T. Barnum :thumbsup:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually saw a website that sells them for well over $50 per box, which I lol'd real hard at. I would rather check them out for myself first. It would bug me not ever knowing what came out from the box.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
that's ridiculous, i almost want to post on there and say...duh you can get those at your own bank for face value. what a ripoff. i can't believe ebay allows it, but i guess it's freedom of choice...the person is stupid enough to buy it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
dandow20 said:
that's ridiculous, i almost want to post on there and say...duh you can get those at your own bank for face value. what a ripoff. i can't believe ebay allows it, but i guess it's freedom of choice...the person is stupid enough to buy it.
Hey, as long as e-bait gets their cut, they don't give a rat's rear!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rippoff. ? ? ? ?

The winning Bid 34.95 thats only $10 over face I'm sure the seller and the bidder both lost on this Deal.

If it truly cost $12 to ship the seller already lost $2.

And don't forget time and trouble.......

Only in AMERICA.

Mojo

redwolf74

Jan 6, 2009
Bloomngton, MN
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000D
coinmojo said:
Rippoff. ? ? ? ?

The winning Bid 34.95 thats only $10 over face I'm sure the seller and the bidder both lost on this Deal.

If it truly cost $12 to ship the seller already lost $2.

And don't forget time and trouble.......

Only in AMERICA.

Mojo

You do understand that the Buyer pays the shipping costs. Net gain to Seller $22.

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Dont forget to add in listing fees, final valuefee and paypukes stinkin 3% rake :'(

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
coinmojo:

I think your math is off or maybe you do not understand how eBay works. The shipping amount is ADDED to final sale amount so the seller is actually making decent money for something that just about anyone can get from their bank.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
puckhead said:
coinmojo:

I think your math is off or maybe you do not understand how eBay works. The shipping amount is ADDED to final sale amount so the seller is actually making decent money for something that just about anyone can get from their bank.

All right let's do the math.

A box of pennies cost $25 so subtract the $25 from the final sale price (rounded to the nearest dollar) of $35

(35 - 25) = $10 is that the profit you speak of?

Yea your right it's a $10 profit. Because the buyer also pays the $12 sipping fee. Got It.

Your right my math in the previous post was wrong.

But ask yourself.

Does paypal and eBay both get a fee and commission?

Does the seller have to report any income to the tax man?

Does the penny fairy drop off and deliver the box of Pennies to your home?

Does all of that effort consume exactly 1 hr. of your life? If so you just grossed $10 an hr.

Did it consume more or less time out of your life? Add or subtract to your hourly rate.

(Time = Money)

Buyer IS an Idiot....... That's quite a fee he paid on a box of pennies. In the end, Ea. roll cost him 94 cents.

Mojo

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
coinmojo said:
puckhead said:
coinmojo:

All right let's do the math.

A box of pennies cost $25 so subtract the $25 from the final sale price (rounded to the nearest dollar) of $35

(35 - 25) = $10 is that the profit you speak of?

Yea your right it's a $10 profit. Because the buyer also pays the $12 sipping fee. Got It.

Your right my math in the previous post was wrong.

But ask yourself.

Does paypal and eBay both get a fee and commission?

Does the seller have to report any income to the tax man?

Does the penny fairy drop off and deliver the box of Pennies to your home?

Does all of that effort consume exactly 1 hr. of your life? If so you just grossed $10 an hr.

Did it consume more or less time out of your life? Add or subtract to your hourly rate.

(Time = Money)

Buyer IS an Idiot....... That's quite a fee he paid on a box of pennies. In the end, Ea. roll cost him 94 cents.

Mojo

I doubt he made good profit, BUT if he does this 10 times over and only goes to the post office once he will be making $30-$50 profit(for 1 hour) and thats IF he doesnt make money on shipping also.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Are these people nuts? What are they thinking? Oh lets buy pennies for dimes. Geez.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread