$600 in halves no silver... but some good things came out of it.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Well today was fun, dumped at my favorite bank, hit a couple little banks to see if they had any loosey halves nope - ok ill shoot out to the giant banks. Went to the couple big banks and bought 300 in halves at each and talked one into ordering me a box (finally!) the interesting part is I don't even have an account there - i might have to get one at that particular bank if they are gonna order me halves :)

the 600 i did get 300 loomis 300 brinks was skunk on the silver I did get 3 NIFC's
1989 S
2002 D That someone actually marked with a red marker.... i might just release him back into the wild.
2006 P

i never knew the proofs were thicker? or at least appear that way - neat. I think i'm hooked on this its so fun to find silver :)

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Well my friend, you have passed the ultimate test of being 'hooked'. You were skunked on silver and stated that enjoyed it and are hooked.

Good luck and keep searching, the silver will roll.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Seagates,

I have seen a few 2002's that have been countermarked and one that has a black line through the In God We Trust. Are you in California?

HH,
65GT350

OP
OP
Seagates

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
65gt350 said:
Seagates,

I have seen a few 2002's that have been countermarked and one that has a black line through the In God We Trust. Are you in California?

HH,
65GT350
No i'm in MN and the mark was a red sharpie through the arrows, i've seen his mark a bit but just don't understand why he'd mark something that maybe someone would want to hold on to - actually i don't really like any type of marking but this one especially frustrates me :/

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to mark something, do it on the wrapper, not the coin.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
I have a guy in my area that scratches a " X " across the face of the coin. Boy does that piss me off every time I find one of those coins.

OP
OP
Seagates

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
HolyDiver said:
If your going to mark something, do it on the wrapper, not the coin.
I totally agree - I don't care what is on the wrapper draw pictures on it put stickers on it w/e - but when i see that red/green/black sharpie on any coin it makes me sigh about every time - though i suppose i ought to get used to it cause its somewhat rare for me to go through a roll that doesn't have a marked coin in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread