How to really CRH

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey guys, been a while since I've been here but I haven't forgotten about treasure hunting and now I'm getting my kids into it.

But, I was thinking that the reason I'm not having as many finds is because I've been looking through the wrong things. I've been looking at nickles, pennies and quarters, not halves and dimes! I think I also haven't been looking through enough rolls. So, I'm going to increase my hunting. I don't know if I can make it up to a whole box of halves right away, but I'll work at it. But I want to make sure if I do it I'm doing it right!

Do you hit all the banks in your area asking for halves or whatevers? What about different branches of the same bank? How far out do you go for your dump bank? Another town or across town? Do you open accounts at all these banks? Do you ever get rolls from your dump bank.

Seems to me you'd have a bank which you have account(s) at as your pick up bank and they would be find with you ordering coins from them. What about the dump bank, I don't see where they'd ever like to see you coming.

Thanks and I'm just trying to change my strategy so I get more finds. I've been picking up a few rolls from the bank downstairs, going through them at my desk, rerolling them and returning them. I wait time in between pickups and such before I do it again. Not really working the best I've found is a few no-date buffalos.

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you think is right, is mostly likely right. Follow your heart and your own instinct's and you will find more.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
alabamadan said:
Hey guys, been a while since I've been here but I haven't forgotten about treasure hunting and now I'm getting my kids into it.

But, I was thinking that the reason I'm not having as many finds is because I've been looking through the wrong things. I've been looking at nickles, pennies and quarters, not halves and dimes! I think I also haven't been looking through enough rolls. So, I'm going to increase my hunting. I don't know if I can make it up to a whole box of halves right away, but I'll work at it. But I want to make sure if I do it I'm doing it right!

Do you hit all the banks in your area asking for halves or whatevers? What about different branches of the same bank? How far out do you go for your dump bank? Another town or across town? Do you open accounts at all these banks? Do you ever get rolls from your dump bank.

Seems to me you'd have a bank which you have account(s) at as your pick up bank and they would be find with you ordering coins from them. What about the dump bank, I don't see where they'd ever like to see you coming.

Thanks and I'm just trying to change my strategy so I get more finds. I've been picking up a few rolls from the bank downstairs, going through them at my desk, rerolling them and returning them. I wait time in between pickups and such before I do it again. Not really working the best I've found is a few no-date buffalos.

Yes at least grab some halves and maybe some dimes . Yes I hit every bank in my area except for my dump bank looking for halves and I hit the branches as well. I have a local dump bank can but you dump about anywheres you want except for the banks you order boxes from . I dont have accounts from all the banks that I buy rolls from but I do have accts at the bank I order from and the one I dump at . No I dont buy any rolls at my dump bank they dont have any I take all my clad back in 1000.00 bags , hope this helps and best of luck , Ed

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
I hit every bank in my area once a week and make road trips lot of road trips.
I buy wrapped rolls from my dump bank if they have them for my dump banks have coin counters.
The more you look through the more you will find.
Like Ben Hogan said...........the more I work on it the luckier I get.
Gl welcome and most of all have fun!!!
Dan

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
One tip with regards to your dump bank is to have a large amount deposited. I made a point of bringing it in cash. About a month ago, the cranky teller didn't want to deal with my $4000 in dumps. She started bluffing about having to charge fees. I said no problem. As soon as she was cashing out my dumps, I would be closing my account. I will expect the balance to be paid in cash as I deposited in cash. Her jaw dropped. She didn't know what to do so she had her manager come over. Kindly told her that I would wait while they gathered the funds. I essentially would have closed the bank with my withdrawal. They still would have had to pay out an additional 20,000 the following day as there were not enough funds. Needless to say, I still have my accounts and now get the bank bags for my dumps. The cranky teller still gets to haul my bags.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Wtih regards to road trips, I try to target the last weeks of a month. The older and poorer individuals that need the funds are more likely to cash in rolls to get them through until the beginning of the month when the gov't checks arrive.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Diver_Down said:
One tip with regards to your dump bank is to have a large amount deposited. I made a point of bringing it in cash. About a month ago, the cranky teller didn't want to deal with my $4000 in dumps. She started bluffing about having to charge fees. I said no problem. As soon as she was cashing out my dumps, I would be closing my account. I will expect the balance to be paid in cash as I deposited in cash. Her jaw dropped. She didn't know what to do so she had her manager come over. Kindly told her that I would wait while they gathered the funds. I essentially would have closed the bank with my withdrawal. They still would have had to pay out an additional 20,000 the following day as there were not enough funds. Needless to say, I still have my accounts and now get the bank bags for my dumps. The cranky teller still gets to haul my bags.

Nice DD , that is a great way to go about it ... $$$$ talks ... I dont have a problem with dumping clad , oh I did for a bit but the bitching from one teller continued not surprising she has been fired from every bank in town .... anyways I dump 3k at the credit union after my little talk with the manager about bank privacy laws and their bank calling the police on me for having coins .

I had the same idea as you but mine involves ordering boxes ,I just opened 2 new accts last week and I am going to take some cash and ask them how much of a deposit does it take to get 4 boxes .. Their branches will order them for me for free but they want me to pay fees , interesting post 8), Ed

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Scalper said:
Diver_Down said:

I had the same idea as you but mine involves ordering boxes ,I just opened 2 new accts last week and I am going to take some cash and ask them how much of a deposit does it take to get 4 boxes .. Their branches will order them for me for free but they want me to pay fees , interesting post 8), Ed

My supply bank was determined by calling the Loomis branch in Jacksonville and asking which banks are serviced by them. I went ahead and called each bank. I was upfront over the phone with my intentions. The one guy put me on hold. I wasn't there when he got back on the line. Poor customer service. The other bank was a nice as could be. Told them that I wanted 8 boxes each week until I decide to change the order. I only have $1000 in that account but pay for the boxes in cash each week. They aren't making any money from me, but they know that I'm more likely to do further business with them based on their customer service. Right now, I will be looking to open a CD with them.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i don't order boxes(yet)...just look for handrolls and loosies...as far as a dump i use TD bank. they are everywhere you find banks. they have a free coin counter and you don't need an account to dump.only bad things are...sometimes dimes are counted as pennies and thier counter bag for halfs fills at $100

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread