so what are good prices when selling halves? and a MERC dime question (at bottom

Freeds

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Freeds

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009
Re: so what are good prices when selling halves?

anyone? I just dont want to get taken. as I said I will save alot but I have a daughter and sometimes we will need some $
:icon_sunny:

help is appreciated

OP
OP
F

Freeds

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009

right on. I shall follow the rules when I get home from my trip as well and put up a picture of my first find the '68D (all shiny and nice)

also, I am staying with my best friends family right now visiting our daughter. my friends mom has a jar of wheats which I am currently pickin through (nothing so good penny wise), but she has 4 Silver Merc Dimes. those are worth a dollar a piece right? I want to buy them off her for face and I want to make sure we both get paid enough.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Freeds said:
right on. I shall follow the rules when I get home from my trip as well and put up a picture of my first find the '68D (all shiny and nice)

also, I am staying with my best friends family right now visiting our daughter. my friends mom has a jar of wheats which I am currently pickin through (nothing so good penny wise), but she has 4 Silver Merc Dimes. those are worth a dollar a piece right? I want to buy them off her for face and I want to make sure we both get paid enough.

A fair price to pay a friend is 10 x face today. But if it's rare or in better shape I'd pay a friend the true numismatic value. Especially such a small amount.

Mojo

OP
OP
F

Freeds

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009

coinmojo said:
Freeds said:

A fair price to pay a friend is 10 x face today. But if it's rare or in better shape I'd pay a friend the true numismatic value. Especially such a small amount.

ok well, they are 3 1944 and 1 1918. are those all worth $1 a piece?

Mojo

OP
OP
F

Freeds

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009
Re: so what are good prices when selling halves? and a MERC dime question (at bo

I looked at that site you just posted mojo. I have no idea what any of that means.

how much would those two dates be worth? I feel kinda dumb, but that chart just confused me.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Re: so what are good prices when selling halves? and a MERC dime question (at bo

Freeds said:
I looked at that site you just posted mojo. I have no idea what any of that means.

how much would those two dates be worth? I feel kinda dumb, but that chart just confused me.

Ok the first price on the chart is the worst condition. worn but readable so minimum price value is $4-6 on a 1918P or D you did not mention the mint mark but it does not apper to make much difference.

and the 44's start around $4..... So meet in the middle and offer $2 apiece. or $10 for the whole lot. If your being nice and these coins are in just good condition (4) and not Very Fine or grade at the (20-40 level.)

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread