would you open a new bank account for...

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Well looks like the pocket ran dry...the Nat City I went to for halves had recently ordered them, so that erases my speculation of them being a part of the collection dump spread over brinks boxes in the area. When asking for halves the lady said...are you looking for silver ones? I have these and put 2 90% and 3 40% on the table. The next teller had about 5 as well and a 1953 two dollar red star note..if I'm remembering correctly that should be worth more than $2, but I'm not really a big paper bill guy. She said we'll give you the 5 silver halves and the $2 red seal (not star) note if you open an account. So I did, a good bank at that...several other Nat City's around for road trip dumping. So I finally opened a second account...and also got $390 brinks rolls and $80 in quarters to boot.

Upvote 0

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
The second account has been opened. The madness begins! And that is a heck of a trade off for opening a new account. I wish my all my accounts would have been opened with silver for face. Nice job! :thumbsup:

cmhoose

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
I was on my first CRH trip yesterday and got my second bank account. They didnt have any Halves but they said they could order them and they also offered me a free safety deposit box. I need one so I opened a free account. Will be going back today or tomorrow to order a box.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Pirate Hunter said:
I was on my first CRH trip yesterday and got my second bank account.  They didnt have any Halves but they said they could order them and they also offered me a free safety deposit box.  I need one so I opened a free account.    Will be going back today or tomorrow to order a box.

Yeah, banks are starting to feel the crunch as well.  Lots of people here on Tnet have been talking about banks tightening up and charging more fees.  Around here they seem to be extra nice, and much more easy to work with.  It prolly just depends on where you live. 

A free deposit box is great.  How long do you get it for free (if you don't mind me asking)? I need to try to work that into a future new account.

(sorry for hijacking your post dandow!)

cmhoose

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
cmhoose said:
Pirate Hunter said:
I was on my first CRH trip yesterday and got my second bank account. They didnt have any Halves but they said they could order them and they also offered me a free safety deposit box. I need one so I opened a free account. Will be going back today or tomorrow to order a box.

Yeah, banks are starting to feel the crunch as well. Lots of people here on Tnet have been talking about banks tightening up and charging more fees. Around here they seem to be extra nice, and much more easy to work with. It prolly just depends on where you live.

A free deposit box is great. How long do you get it for free (if you don't mind me asking)? I need to try to work that into a future new account.

(sorry for hijacking your post dandow!)

cmhoose

I never asked. I thought about that but all they said was free. I would guess for a year but I am hoping for lifetime(wishful thinking). Its from Astoria Federal if anyone is around one.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
[quoteYeah, banks are starting to feel the crunch as well. Lots of people here on Tnet have been talking about banks tightening up and charging more fees. Around here they seem to be extra nice, and much more easy to work with. It prolly just depends on where you live.

A free deposit box is great. How long do you get it for free (if you don't mind me asking)? I need to try to work that into a future new account.
][/quote]
i think they are super friendly because there is alot of competition in some areas, sometimes several different banks(up to 7) in a few block radius.at least here in Philly.
i too was offered a free account with a free safe deposit box for 2 yrs ;D...that one is Harleysville

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
The free safety deposit box is only good for one year so not that great but considering I didnt have one its worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread