CRH at Home 2/18/09

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that is the exact reason why i wished a ryedale machine existed for halves, if it did i would always double check my loose coins before i dumped, i have often wonder who many i miss too. i only edge search due to the high volume i search every week, i could not find the time to date search

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I always edge search too but this one stuck out like a sore thumb. The darn thing was almost a BU with a clean silvery edge. Don't know how I could have missed it.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
silvercop said:
that is the exact reason why i wished a ryedale machine existed for halves, if it did i would always double check my loose coins before i dumped, i have often wonder who many i miss too. i only edge search due to the high volume i search every week, i could not find the time to date search

With a little ingenuity you can rig up a Coin Comparitor to do what a ryedale does - and its multi functional just swap out the coin and compare copper or silver.

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
A ryedale machine for halves??? ??? Come on guys, lets not turn this great "Hobby" into a "Business". The more I hear about things like this, the more I feel that we are taking things too far.

What about the thrill of the hunt? Don't let that be taken away.

Remember that corporations have more resources than any of us on this board. Our hobby is a sensitive one, and almost completely dependant on banks and armored car services. Lets not let our greed ruin things for everyone.

HH,
Bank Runner

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why, Rich, you've got to rely on your ears as much as your eyes.

I too wouldn't have spotted some 40%ers, but as I dropped them into the dump bag; heard that unmistakable sound.

Good catch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread