Interesting counterstamp and persistence pays !

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
After getting Skunked yesterday i hit a few more banks and rounded up 480 in halves and a box of pennies to keep me busy
Ended up getting 4 silver 40%ers thought it was gonna be a better day when i opened the first roll and seen silver, and was surprised to get one on the last roll as well. I also did the box of pennies and got some interesting finds

Wheats 1936 1937 1944D 1944D 1945 1947D 1950D 1955 1956D 1956D 1958D 19??(worn)
My oldest Canadian penny to date a 1955.
and my favorite on the day was a pretty intricate baseball counter stamped penny. You can see the batter, as well as the pitcher in the distance and there is a ball flying toward the batter. - I think i like collecting the counter stamps just for the novelty :)

218090021ku1.jpg

2baseball1kw3.jpg

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey at least you didn't srike out!! Wait!! check that penny for HGH or steroids it might inflate it's value someday!

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Great counter stamp! And nice picture :thumbsup:. How did you take the picture? I'm trying to figure out the best way of photographing these things... Gpurs..

OP
OP
Seagates

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
GPURS said:
Great counter stamp! And nice picture :thumbsup:. How did you take the picture? I'm trying to figure out the best way of photographing these things... Gpurs..

Actually my camera has 2 different zoom modes, an optical zoom which from experience i've learned doesn't work well for close ups, and a digital zoom which works pretty good for closeups. It also has a macro mode that changes the settings on the camera specifically for closeups so i put that on as well. And then quite honestly i take about 10 photos of what i'm trying to take a picture of some from slight angles and i pick out the best one, as you can see from the more zoomed out mode on my whole lot it doesn't take pictures well of multiple subjects.

And my camera is only 100 walmart cheapie so its not really anything special I'm sure most digital cameras have similar options.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
love the counter stamp :thumbsup:

LOL - Yea that counter stamp is sweet!!!! :thumbsup: