New member, GREAT find

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Ok So I've been lurking these forums for a while and have just now got around to joining. Just in time to share my AWSOME find yesterday.

I hit a couple of banks in a town down the road from me, with a few 40%, the last bank that told me they had halfs I noticed a credit union next door. After getting my two year old to ask the teller for "haf doolars" they informed me they had $90 worth. I bought them and continued down my way. My daughter was getting hungry so I stopped and got her something to eat at sonic, in waiting for the food I went through a couple of rolls with mixed luck. then I grab one roll that was marked "1942 Walking liberty."

My first thought is "yeah right! I found someones dumps." So I open it and right on top is LADY LIBERTY followed by her 19 sisters! I'm on cloud nine baby! My first silver roll in less than a month of hunting! i'm just holding them about to cry. Then I hide those in my car and continue on to the remaning 5 rolls, first three had 7 40% total then another roll marked "1943 walking liberty!"

These coins had been "in the safe a long time" and boy was I glad to take them off their hands!

NOTE: one of each date is missing. I had to give my brother in law/ cohunter 1 each to stop him from stabbing me in my sleep....

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread