Todays silver! 2 silver in one day! :) But I had a mean teller talk to me :(

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! I want to start off by saying this is my third hobby besides collecting coins, and metal detecting. Lets just say it rocks! I have never had a problem with a teller until today. My dump teller is always really nice about me dumping $100-$250 worth of coins every 2 days or so. I had no problem with her today. My real problem was the bank that I picked up my Coins at. The Lady who always greets me nicely knows that I collect coins and I am into finding all these certain dates. She got really mad at me today because she wanted to know where all the coins went off to. I told her in a nice way that I dump them off at a different bank somewhere. I know we are not suppose to say that, but I figured I could get on her "good" side and keep comming back.

Well immediatly she started to flip out on me for no reason. I am a customer at one of the other Bank of America's and have never had a problem. She was yelling at me about how coins are not meant to be bought up and looked through. Of Course I listened to her and did not argue because I did not want her to think of me in a bad way. I kindly took my $250 worth of dimes and walked out. I figured that there was no problem between me and her even though she hates me because I buy up all there dimes. The Lady told me that I could no longer buy boxes of dimes from them. I thought to myself and said ok and left. Looks like I will be buying my box from a different bank instead of Pine Lake's Bank of America.

At least the people at my bank are still nice and not mean like the ones up the hill from them. Oh by the way...The guy handling my transaction cared less if I took the coins. In fact, he looked really happy that I wanted to buy all of them. Until the Lady came that is....Stupid lady. Well I am done venting. I have been doing this for almost a month and love it! I have already filled up two full sheets of wheaties and silver.

Here is the picture of the silver:

todayssilver001.jpg

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Don't let her get ya down, maybe she was just having a bad day. Nice score on the silvers

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
That is another reason I will not deal with BoA.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 437
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 442

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Dont fret it. Just move on and if it really bothers you just dump coins to her. Every branch has nice and not so nice tellers.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Man I hate to hear that. My BOA i my dump They are ok with it but a main branch in Tyler TX said they would take as many coins as we wanted to deposit and order any number of them for me. Weird how in the same branch there are such diffrent attitudes.

I say Make her your dump teller and REALLY give her something to be snotty about.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
since she wants to know where your taking the coins too, then I would make her your dump bank so that she'll know where all of the coins go.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
She was yelling at me about how coins are not meant to be bought up and looked through.
who made that rule up? is she the head teller or branch manager? what does she care what you do with them? IMO its none of her business. if she is not the manager i would go to him or her and ask them if what she said is true. i also would have asked her if she wanted them back. ;D(after searching of course) perhaps they don't like constantly ordering and it would be easier (and cheaper) if you brought them back. although you would then run into the problem of getting your own dumps back. i think this bank should become your new dump.

sfwusc

Mar 20, 2008
If you are doing dimes, then bring them back to them.

Just mark your rolls, but if it is a big town----they will go through the dimes quick enough that you shouldn't get your own coins back. If you mark them, then you know you looked through them.

-SWUSC

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out when she's not working, and pickup your boxes then. ;D

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Gravy for your tatters. The 1955 is a key date for rosies. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread