Anyone EVER have any luck with Brinks dimes?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I picked up a box of brinks from a really small bank. They told me they just had come in. Well yeah Brinks are a total waste of time for dimes. Only had dimes 1965 and up. No silver. This was a week ago. I never bought brink dimes again.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I agree with avoiding them, I never find anything in them. On the contrary I bought $75 in CWI dimes (I think they were CWI, white wrapper with green writing) and found 2 silvers. I pretty much always refuse brinks rolls other than halves, which are hit or miss.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I don't do them too often, but I've had some good luck between skunk boxes. My last Brinks dime box netted 4 Rosies (earliest was a 46) and a 48 Cuban centavo. The Cuban is worth over $10. I prefer the clear "condoms" as it makes it easier to edge search without breaking the rolls. My dump bank requires the coins to be rolled. Now, the halves I won't touch as I put $4000/wk in the Brinks Jacksonville branch. On occasion, I will spread the wealth to the Brinks Daytona branch.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
in the past i have found 1-merc and 3- roosies in clear brinks rolls....this is a little less than my average for other type rolls.....they do make it easier to search but i feel takes the fun and surprise out of opening a roll.

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
I find the clear wrappers make it very easy to search through. Granted most of my boxes are CWI (or whatever) but I have had some luck with them around my area.
HH,
Frank

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have only come across like 4 or 5 Brinks boxes that were mixed in with my CWI boxes and they had string wrapers. If I could find a source that has plastic wrapers I would be doing like 10 dime boxes a day + my normal 2-4 CWI dime boxes!!!!

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanx for the replies all, but the point i am trying to make is that in a year's time of dime searching, i have found Brinks boxes to be unreliable. ONE keeper out of 15 boxes or so. I have lots of confidence when searching CWI boxes.

Clear wrappers are great, but why bother when they just don't produce?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Just searched a Brinks box of dimes last night. Took about 10 minutes. Pulled 2 silver Rosies. Out of my 8 boxes (cwi) of halves, I pulled 3 40%. I think I'm going to start hitting the dimes hard. As far as the clear "condoms" taking the fun out of the hunt, it is a sacrifice that I'll make as I have to roll all my coin. No silver edge, I don't need to open the roll. It goes back to the bank in the condom.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
During the short period of time I was searching dimes I found a few in Brinks boxes. About the same rate that I found in hand rolls.

I gave up dimes because of the low reward to time ratio and because on 2/3s of my dumps I got ripped off by the coin counting machine- counting them as pennies or not counting them at all I guess. I had no recourse so I never argued about it with the bank tellers.

All in all I lost money on the dime CRHing experience, despite the few keepers I got.

Halves are the way to go for me.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread