First dump experience

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Well I went to my local bank that has a coin changer in the lobby for free use. I had about $250 dimes and a little over $500 half's. I dumped my dines first and soon after the half's. Quickly the machine filled up and I had just started dumping. The bank mgr came over and opened the machine and found one of the half's I was dumping and said "you dont want to keep this, people collect them." I told her I put it in there and I had alot more to go. Her eyes got big and she said we limit the use of the machine. She let me dump them all but the coin machine only holds $100 dollar bags of halfs so she had to stay there the entire time I dumped. She wasnt too happy but kept a smile the whole time.

I also made some money, the coin return on the machine that spits out the unwanted coins was stuck so she dumped all of those coins into the hopper for me and they went through. Mo money, mo money.

I think in the future I will need to have 2-3 dumps so I dont piss them off too much. I have alot of the banks around so its not that big of a deal.

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you went to TD bank. Penny doesn't handle halves well.

As for dump banks. I have atleast 10. That keeps me off everybodys s-list for a while. It also helps that I live within an hour of two major metro areas and have access to approximately 500 bank branches within 1 hour of my house.

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Yea TD bank it is. It the only bank that I know in queens that has a coin changing machine in the lobby. I might have to look a little deeper.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I only have one dump bank and I try to spread it out my dumps. I only make dumps every 2-3 days, so then they are not mad. As long as you have an Account and are a customer then you should be fine! :thumbsup:

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've only used 1 dump bank for the last 3 years. I want to be able to use all the other banks in the area as buy banks. Since I'm there so much, a little over a year ago they hired me part time as a teller.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Fropa said:
I've only used 1 dump bank for the last 3 years. I want to be able to use all the other banks in the area as buy banks. Since I'm there so much, a little over a year ago they hired me part time as a teller.

Lmao Fropa , well they certainly knew that you were dependable thats for sure :icon_jokercolor:, Ed

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
100 dollar bag for the halves? That is crazy. I would not be able to do the hobbie the way I do it with a machine like that. I would be there dusk till dawn.

Golden Silver

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
100 dollar bag for the halves? That is crazy. I would not be able to do the hobbie the way I do it with a machine like that. I would be there dusk till dawn.

Golden Silver

Yeah, it sux. There's only one TD in south Jersey that holds more than $100 for halves. The one in Ocean City is set up for $500. It was done before the Commerce/TD merger for a guy that dumped there a lot. The folks at the TD's I use have asked the machine techs to change to $500 but they won't do it.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
I believe you went to TD bank. Penny doesn't handle halves well.

As for dump banks. I have atleast 10. That keeps me off everybodys s-list for a while. It also helps that I live within an hour of two major metro areas and have access to approximately 500 bank branches within 1 hour of my house.

I have dumped coins on 18 different banks/branches already this year... try not to go back more than once a month or so, keeping track of where I was dumping was actually what started my "tracking lists"...

In 2008, I used 42 different banks as dump banks over the course of the year. In 2007, 48 banks.

Its why although I do a lot of volume, no one sees me enough to really complain. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread