Dollar Coin Box..should I?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I would be very suprized if you get what you think your getting.

But if you can get a box of the "Older Dollar Coins " Go for it.

First and formost. Look for silver. and if they truly are the "Older Dollar Coins " They should all be silver.

When I think "Older" I'm thinking Peace, Morgan and "Older"

Mojo

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They likely have a stock pile of Ike dollars waiting for you. Not worth more than a $1.00, but you may find a Silver Dollar (Morgan, Peace,) in the rolls they are the same size.

Let us know,

Keep @ It and HH!!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth trying. If they're all Ikes, just dump 'em.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Yes , get them if u can ..they will most likely be Ike dollars and they come 1k to a bag ... I got a Morgan, Peace dollar and 4 40% proofs out of the bag that I got plus a 1972 King of he Ikes type 2 variety ... which is a money coin if the conditon is top notch plus some '73s might be kicking around those only came in mint sets that year they are worth a few bucks ... best of luck give them a try ,Ed

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Careful, the big dollars (Ikes, Peace, Morgan) don't come rolled. They come in bags. Dollars in boxes will probably net you Susan B. Anthony, Sacs, and Presidents.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
My vote is that if you order a box, you'll end up with 1000 new dollar coins (mixed sba's, sac's and pres's).

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they meant the "old" Sacajawea dollars as the new dollars are the president's. Either way give it a try. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
IF I do it I am going to make it very clear what I want. If they bring anything other than that I wont buy them.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Pirate Hunter said:
IF I do it I am going to make it very clear what I want. If they bring anything other than that I wont buy them.

Ask them P.H. if they are big dollars or not ....that way you will know if they are those SBA - Presidents or if they are older, best of luck :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Pirate Hunter said:

Ask ahead of time whether they are the large dollars or not. If they order them and they come in not what you are expecting, buy them anyways. Don't stiff them with a $1000 dollar box. They'll just end up sitting in the vault, and they won't be as likely to order other coins for you. Buy the box and at least search for some of the errors. (Wide Rims, Smooth edges, 2002 and later Sacs, etc.)

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring a Ike dollar in to show them before they order.Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread