eventful road trip

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Got a call last monday from teller ,she told me 250 dollars came in and asked if i wanted them>told her i would come in friday morning {yesterday}.I spent the week setting up a little road trip.Well i drove 50 miles to town that i thought she was in and there is no bank with the name of her bank there....I dont have her number so no way to figure out where she is at.I guess i gave my number to to many tellers lol....anyhow i was excited to get back to that town as last time i was there i hit a nice little dime hoard, i got 37 silver out of 200 in hand rolls.WEnt back to same bank picked up 400. Also got 160 in halves while i was there.The halves i searched while driving were very nice 22 silver.
Hit a bunch more towns and banks,at one bank there was a surly sort cashing in 2 rolls of quarters....he watched me the whole time i was in the bank,wouldn't ya know he was in parking lot when i left.I saw him in advance and got cell phone out......he walked like he was going to try to cut me off before i got to car so i had to speed up.He looked pissed when i locked doors lol.Anyhow by the end of the trip i had about 1800 loose still left to dump so i went to bank in columbus ohio....the home of the brinks robbery if you all read the story on it.While i was dumping manager came over twice asking questions,finally asked if she could have a copy of my drivers license as the new trainee didnt't know me lol.I told her sure but my halves didn't come from the robbery,i mentioned i had been coming in once a month for over a year with same amount she replied they are required to keep eyes out.so i expect visitors next week wooohooo lol.they were very nice and professional about it,hopfully it all blows over.on the bright side i got 54 silver out of the 400 in dimes.Sorry so long

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on all the silver - congrats!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
jonhls said:
Got a call last monday from teller ,she told me 250 dollars came in and asked if i wanted them>told her i would come in friday morning {yesterday}.I spent the week setting up a little road trip.Well i drove 50 miles to town that i thought she was in and there is no bank with the name of her bank there....I dont have her number so no way to figure out where she is at.I guess i gave my number to to many tellers lol....anyhow i was excited to get back to that town as last time i was there i hit a nice little dime hoard, i got 37 silver out of 200 in hand rolls.WEnt back to same bank picked up 400. Also got 160 in halves while i was there.The halves i searched while driving were very nice 22 silver.
Hit a bunch more towns and banks,at one bank there was a surly sort cashing in 2 rolls of quarters....he watched me the whole time i was in the bank,wouldn't ya know he was in parking lot when i left.I saw him in advance and got cell phone out......he walked like he was going to try to cut me off before i got to car so i had to speed up.He looked pissed when i locked doors lol.Anyhow by the end of the trip i had about 1800 loose still left to dump so i went to bank in columbus ohio....the home of the brinks robbery if you all read the story on it.While i was dumping manager came over twice asking questions,finally asked if she could have a copy of my drivers license as the new trainee didnt't know me lol.I told her sure but my halves didn't come from the robbery,i mentioned i had been coming in once a month for over a year with same amount she replied they are required to keep eyes out.so i expect visitors next week wooohooo lol.they were very nice and professional about it,hopfully it all blows over.on the bright side i got 54 silver out of the 400 in dimes.Sorry so long

Check your pm..... 8)

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
How are you guys getting these dimes. As I only do boxes. Are you going to the tellers and asking for their customer rolled dimes. Won't this bring suspision. Well hold on. If I were to do to a bank nere me and ask for dimes I would suspect that they would give me machine rolled dimes. Or get dimes from their tray? How do I get away from this? Any tricks?
By the way congrats on your finds!!!
HH,
Frank

OP
OP
J

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
I usually just ask for 200 in dimes,if they bring up the clear brinks wraps ill get more as they are very easy to search.I also have a list of banks that roll there own that i do very well at,when i get to them i ask for 500 or whatever they can spare.What could they get suspicious about,I have never been asked why i want so many dimes but i get grilled frequently about wanting halves.If i had more banks close by i think i would switch to dimes only and just do them in very large volume.With the clear wraps if i could get and dump i would try to do 40 boxes a week.I have 3 banks here so thats not gonna happen though lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread