I dont know how you guys do it

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I don't know how you guys do it

Today I went and dumped my clad from Road Trip #2 and I don't know how guys like Silver cop do it. 16 boxes???? That is 8,000 in halves. Today I dumped 6,000 and it took me several hours. I had people staring at me like I was a circus freak but that I am used to. Lucky my dump bank was very helpful and let me use their cart to wheel in my garbage. After them switching out 6 bags of halves I gave the two that helped me a 40% silver half. They were appreciative. Next road trip is on Wednesday. Hope it produces some gooduns.

Golden Silver

Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Re: I don't know how you guys do it

Yeah some people handle alot of halves that is for sure G.S. , I lug all mine as I only get 4,000 halves at a time . I have lugged 6,000 a few times when I could get them but 6 boxes will rip your bag ( oops the canvas ones that is ). Ed

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

I about ripped my bag today Ed if you know what I mean.

Golden Silver

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

Did you feel like Atlas, only instead of a globe you had 12000 Kennedy's on you?

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009

LOL, my wife just came into the room to check on what I was doing... I was laughing so hard about Ed's post.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

The easiest way to do it is have your own sort-counting machine. Bag up the halves at home, drive them to the bank, park at the back door(same on loomis uses) page the vault manager and they come and unload your car... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Takes me 5 minutes TOPS

One plus of having a bad back and a GREAT dump bank...

Jason

Attachments

• minisort1.jpg
    minisort1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 295
  • minisort2.jpg
    minisort2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 287

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

silvercop said:
wow shake n bake i am jealous, where did you get that counter?

ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? My dump bank got it for me so I could bag my own at home ;D It was an old one at another branch, I asked them if they wanted it back when I was injured and not using it, they said it was mine to keep. OK!!!
Jason

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flag on the play!!!! Illeagal procedure! not fair! :thumbsup:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Nice score, Shake!
That's about $500 on ebay!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

I had people staring at me like I was a circus freak but that I am used to.
;D
Jason are you kidding me? your dump bank? what do you do give them jewelry instead of donuts? that is truely amazing. i'm glad for you bro. :thumbsup:

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008

Shake-N-Bake said:
silvercop said:
wow shake n bake i am jealous, where did you get that counter?

ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? My dump bank got it for me so I could bag my own at home ;D It was an old one at another branch, I asked them if they wanted it back when I was injured and not using it, they said it was mine to keep. OK!!!
Jason

Wow. You have the power Supreme!!! Either that or some incriminating photos of the manager :)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just dump $1,000 at a time, if I have more than I dump at another bank. As for having your own sorting machine..... I WANT ONE!!!!!! Especially for free, that's crazy awesome!!!!! That has got to be the best keeper ever in the CRH'ng world!!!! I mean how many people can honestly say they went to the bank to look for silver and came home with a free counting machine!!!! Great job, I bet there a celebration after that!!! :tongue3:

Attachments

• beerfest.jpg
    beerfest.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 205

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Yeah I got lucky with the machine. VERY LUCKY. I was actually going to give the bank a shout out, but then I thought I am not sure who in the organization might be reading this and dont want to get anyone in trouble. :wink: But yes my dump bank is awesome, and actually my source bank is awesome as well. Whenever I order boxes whether it is 1 box or 40 boxes they always come through for me. I do make sure they get goodies the first friday of every month, and boy do they look forward to it, and they deserve it.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread