talked to a brinks armored car employee today

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i saw the brinks truck outside one of my dump banks today, so i went in and started talking to him. i was picking him for information. he told me which banks and where he delivers halves to and which banks have the most halves to pick up each week. guess i can figure out where my competition is and which banks will most likely have halves. very nice guy by the way. i offered to buy a few boxes off his truck but he said he could not do that LOL. i also told him where i get my halves from and told him that i look for silver. i told him to get me some good boxes. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I saw that episode "Coin Operated" on Modern Marvels that did a quick segment on how Brinks handles coins and was really impressed with the massive factory operation.
It seems like it would be difficult to pick a good box of anything after seeing that!

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea he was kind of kidding about it and so was i. but i did mention to him that i was tired of getting those boxes full of 1995 shiny new halves. my last few brinks boxes were totally filled with them. the way he talked someone else loaded the truck and he just delivered. at least that is the way i understood what he said. does seem odd. if i was going to be held responsible for that amount of money the only way i would feel comfortable would be to load and count the boxes myself, but maybe there is a way to do that once it is on the truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread