What are the wheats for???

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Darth Walker said:
My personal opinion but very personal, " Waist of time" for me.

DW

I personally like searching the penny's, and all denoms for that matter, but I do have to agree with DW it is a waste of time. Though I don't agree with his "short offensive personal opinion" Message.

I would search coins all day long but I have other things that I should be paying more attention too. Like..
Wife, Kids, Job, House, to name a few.

I do search the Halves first and foremost. I put 6 to 8 hr's a week into this ....."Hobby". But I grab a bag of penny's if they are offered to me. Set them on the side when I got more time.

I am looking for Silver first but have ended up with way to much other stuff. I now have boxes of coppers rolls & rolls of nickles, dimes & quarters. And a whole Lotta half dollars........... Come on $16

DW..... Remember some people here are hobbyist and enjoy searching Pennies. Don't make derogatory comment's If you don't a particular aspect of this hobby in which you participate in Daily.

Since you hit this board I see you posting all the time and usually your asking questions.

If you want to maintain nicey nicey than you need to bite your tongue.

Most of the penny guys are very informative and have lots of input and knowledge.

You're like Luke badmouthing Yoda.

May the Force be with You"

Peace

Mojo

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
I was penny-hunting for about 4 years before I found this site and took silver searching (Halves) seriously. A lot of the methodology I use in selecting promising areas/banks etc are based off my records of penny searches. i just had no idea the scope and scale CRH can get to before I found this site.

So Penny searching is fun, it also allows you to start pulling copper out of circulation and amassing a hoard of metal of known purity/weight. Is it profitable to the same scope as CRH for silver? No but if you do both with your trips you are "piggybacking" off of your fuel investment and you may have a little surprise when copper gets back to $3-4/lb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread