trying to make a buck

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
There are 3 local stores around my little town that are buying silver coins. Well i think i will be saving my coins until i have a bunch to take to a coin dealer that wont rip me off. The three shops are paying .80 TO 1.10 for 40s and 1.25 to 2.25 for 90s! THATS IT! I couldnt believe it. And the worst part is people are selling these jokers their coins! One of the places i walked into and said i had 20 rolls of 40s i wanted to get rid of and they said they couldnt turn enough proffit off of that many and that was before he told me the low buying price but he did ask if i wanted to sell any 90s! Now how would that work? You would think they would want them all. And on a side note they are letting everyone know about CRHing! HOPE THESE JOKERS STAY OUT OF EVERYONE ELSES AREAS BUT GOOD LUCK THEY ARE FLOCKING IN LIKE VULTURES!

Upvote 0

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Don't let it bother ya too much there's not a big market for half dollars before you know it they will give up and not buy or sell them anymore. I put an ad in a free local paper that people get on the way out of supermarket bout buying 90% silver halves 2-3 bucks each not a call yet.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I put an ad in a free local paper that people get on the way out of supermarket bout buying 90% silver halves 2-3 bucks each not a call yet.
i would think that the average shopper has no idea what a 90%er is. perhaps this is why you got no response. perhaps you should word it differently like" fair market prices paid for old coins and coin collections. prices may vary due to age and content of precious metals"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread