2008 dime Roosevelt is getting fat.. photo update

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have been putting off doing dimes for the last few months was in getting my cents and the lady said they had 3 dime bags.. err bags of dimes and I took one

I am about 1/4 of the way through 2 silver so far. However something caught my eye on first hand full a bu 2008 dime, a crack (approx 3-5 MM long) on the chin making a double chin, my eyes are bad so I have no idea how I spotted it. I have found 2 of them in this bag After I found the first I started looking close at the 2008's (I have a 50x glass) Then found another after about 100 of them. Are they common? Has anyone heard of these are they worth keeping?

edit: 2008-D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: 2008 dime Roosevelt is getting fat.. error?

Either they are not common or I got the lot of them.. I ended up with 14 of them. you can see the crack spreading it starts on one dime with a 1.5 MM sized crack in the lower jaw line and ended up with a 7.5 mm sized crack from lower jaw line to just above mouth on last dime. I hope they are not to common.

edit: and 4 silver..

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2008 dime Roosevelt is getting fat.. error?

Picture please!!!

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I was going to post several pictures but my camera is acting up (shutting off and not letting me take a photo) when wife gets home from church I will have her find the charger and maybe post better pictures tomorrow. This is the same picture with some text on them I know it is hard to see in the pictures but when you hold it in your hand you can see it easier.

Attachments

• coin 3.JPG
    coin 3.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 195
  • coin2.JPG
    coin2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 185
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 188

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread