Was not in the mood to coin roll hunt....... however

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I was in the mood for some free or cheap silver.
Ever have a day when you dont want to put up with banks,lines,tellers,dumping etc.
Well today i made the antique store rounds looking for sterling flatware and found
alot of spoons and forks for 1-2 dollars each and then i found this huge spoon and asked how much
and she said ohhh how does ten sound i said ok. So then i go to my local coin shop and sell the smaller stuff and make a killing......and kept the big spoon its 7 oz and its marked sterling.Can you say 7 oz sterling for free :icon_jokercolor: :thumbsup: :tongue3: i am hella happy..........and yes thats a morgan dollar this spoon is huge!

Attachments

• ts spoon.jpg
    ts spoon.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 372
  • asf.jpg
    asf.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

dirt diver

Jun 29, 2008
IA
Detector(s) used
Lone Star
Thanks Man, just found it on the antiques forum. Have you seen what they are paying for silver on ebay? You can buy it from the mint alot cheaper.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
nice hit, how do you go about doing that stuff and checking that its silver. obviously it's written on that one, but is it written on them all? That's a cool way to get silver that I haven't thought of...

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
dandow20 said:
nice hit, how do you go about doing that stuff and checking that its silver. obviously it's written on that one, but is it written on them all? That's a cool way to get silver that I haven't thought of...

Yes - by law.

OP
OP
hit80s

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Look for the word sterling or the numbers 925 (sterling) 900 (coin sliver) or 800 (cheaper import silver) on the back of the silverware..........stay away from german silver and nickel silver and dont pay alot if its marked weighted sterling ......its that easy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread