GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming they are just silver washington quarters, somewhere between 5X and 10X of face value unless they are in particularly good shape or have key dates included. the exact amount would depend on if this is purely a business transaction where you are trying to get as much as you can for as little as you can or if you are trying to offer a little more (or the same as) a coin dealer would offer. An offer of 10X face is actually above silver spot right now, so to offer that in my mind there would have to be something of numismatic value in there.

Personally, I would probably offer somewhere around 7X or 8X face, but that's just me.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have offered at least 10 non-collectors 10 X face, and I always get that look from them like, "you mean you want to rip me off?"

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last week I bought 83 quarters at 8 x face from a guy and he was tickled pink, took them to my coin shop and he paid me 10.3 x face for them, easy profit

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A silver quarter is worth about $2.10 in silver melt value. $84.00 a roll ! Take off 30% that's what you should offer so around $58.00 for a roll.

Keep @ it and HH!!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
i had the same problem. u dont want to give her to much b/c then she will no they are worth alot and prob wont hook u up next time. try giving her 20 a roll. that way she makes some cash and wont understand she should keep them

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
seger98 said:
Piercesdad said:
If they are in her drawer I'd say $10. If they are in her drawers I'd say $20

Good answer! :thumbsup:

Not a good answer. I have to disagree.

If you are thinking your entitled than yea smart answers abound.

But you are not entitled ans therefor must offer her a reasonable price ... (If that is indeed what she is looking for) I say 7 to 8 x face..... Based on current silver prices, but deduct about 10% as your middle man commission.

She does not have to sell them to you . And why should she . She could easily turn them over herself for 8 - 10x face.

I say give her a fair price where both of you can enjoy a little profit with you acting as the middle man and wanting to continue the fruits of this arrangement.

Once you got her culling silver for you and you are paying a little under melt and she's ecstatic. You might end up with a key date at the scrap rate in the near future........ Don't let her think you are ripping her off.

My opinion.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread