First time coin roll hunting

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Hey Guys! I have been a frequent visitor to T-Net for sometime now and I figured with my recent finds I might as well come out of hiding and share them with you guys. This past saturday I was doing a box of pennies and wasn't very satisfied with my results as I only had 5 wheaties about 2/3 of the way through the box, but then as I open another roll out pops a 1907 Indian penny! I nearly jumped out of my chair! its a little beat up but its a spectacular find anyways! Ended up with 10 wheaties and the IH. Then on Monday I moved to nickels, and the result of that box was pretty good, with 33 pre-1960s, including a '43S and P nickel. After getting these 2 silver guys I decided to try my luck with halfs. On Tuesday I went into a TD Bank that I just learned was very close to my house. I went to the counter and asked the teller if she had any halfs. She goes "I've got $18.50 worth" and naturally i took them all. I then went across the street to a Chase bank and asked for halves and they had $2.50 worth. The next few banks had none. I was satisfied, however, ending up with 5 90% Kennedys and 10 40%s. Sorry i cant post any pictures right now as my camera broke. Anyways thanks for reading and look forward to the bright future here on T-Net :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Welcome to TreasureNet! Nice score on the Indian Head, that's a super find. You did pretty darn good on your first time out. Keep up the good work and post some pictures when ya can.

Chris

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Now as they told me when I got started GET THAT CAMERA FIXED!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread