hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in S. KOrea, but have been reading about hunting rolls of coins. So, last week I went and bought $100.00 in quarters and $125.00 in dollars.
Found only a few nice AU-UNC statehood quarters.....so, that was nice.
But, on looking at the dollar rolls, they are all UNC Thomas Jefferson rolls.
Now, what do I look for? ??? ??? Are there any particular error T.J. 1$ coins? :icon_scratch: Of course, I will look for the obvious double dies, and other noticeable errors.....but what of the not so noticeable? :o
I would/do appreciate any help anyone can share with me. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jimmy28303

Feb 18, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
The only dollar errors that i know of(not to say there are not more) are on the washington dollar. The washington dollar will either have no letters on the side of the coin or it will appear that washington has a whisker growing off the left side of his chin (as you look at the coin). It is a die crack.

OP
OP
hikeinmts

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmy28303 said:
The only dollar errors that i know of(not to say there are not more) are on the washington dollar. The washington dollar will either have no letters on the side of the coin or it will appear that washington has a whisker growing off the left side of his chin (as you look at the coin). It is a die crack.
Thanks Jimmy. Well, I will open up the rolls and see what there is to see. Hopefully will find one that is blank on one side, or super double-died.
(May as well dream big.) :icon_profileleft:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are known examples of Double Dies (Not to confuse with Double Strikes with no value) but there are extremely dificult to detect if not a expert since it is not the tipical doubling on the letters.

Google Presidential Dollars Double Dies

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread