$40 in nickel, 500 bag quarter, 2 25 bag penny = 2 firsts

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Yesterday searched through the $40 in nickels and the bag of quarters, and started the first bag of pennies. The quarters were a total skunk...I wanted to get a bag of dimes but they were out...so I gambled and went with quarters. I did get two firsts all time, and one was in the nickels and one was in the pennies.

Since I don't do nickels that often, I got my first war nickel, so that was cool. When I started through the pennies, I found an awesome foreign coin, not sure how it got there but an 1885 Austrian 1 kreuzer. Instead of linking to ebay I grabbed the pics and posted...mine is in VF condition, slightly worse than the pics. My heart got all racy when I found that, didn't know there could be that excitement in pennies. May have to do some more sometime. Anyways, I still got another bag and a half to do maybe I'll get through it this weekend. Picked up $200 in dimes today and also found 2 rolls of halves that rolled up under my seat, all skunk but still $20 more dollars for hunting!! Well let me know what you think about of that foreign coin.

Attachments

• obverse.JPG
    obverse.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 253
  • reverse.JPG
    reverse.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That's a nice find and in fine shape. It is finds like this that make the hobby fun. :thumbsup:

Maine_Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find, congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions