trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginner's question

Yesterday I went on a mini road trip. One of the first banks I hit says they have $400 in halves. I only brought $500 for my road trip. I bought $100 from them. I did find 1 40% and 2 NIFC's. After a few other banks I picked up $20 in loose halves. Then I hit a bank with $200 in halves so I pick them up. (dumps). I quickly run out of money. How do you deal with the banks that have large sums of halves and you do not have enough money on your road trips? I can't afford to buy somebody's dumps when I go roading. What do you all do? :dontknow:

The Trezurhunter.

Upvote 0

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Re: Beginner's question

I go to google and find out where all my banks are, then when I have bought someones dumps
my next stop is at a Minnie bank to dump, then I go on. It might help to call ahead to see if that particular
bank has halves, if not then dump your dumps and pull out from the next bank.

This way you always have money either on you or in the account.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

I try to map out banks where I have an account at another branch for easy dumping. I only play with $500 myself so I understand where your coming from. If I find a bank with more than what I have I do like you and buy part to test the water. I have a Big map of my home state with pins in the towns that have banks color coded for easy reference. I got a $5 map and mounted it to a $1 foam board (cork is EXPENSIVE) and I mark with a red pen any banks I need to re hit or towns that just produced increadable amounts of finds.

A couple of weeks ago I found two full rolls of walkers (labeled "walking liberty" at that) and a large amount of 40% plus 10 2002+ years. I thought I cleaned out the town, then my brother in law REHIT those same banks and got 3 franklins, 6 90% and 30 40%! I was not pleased. THAT town gets a red pin to keep checking.

If I HAVE to I return to my home dump bank, change in and head out in a diffrent direction.

Hope that helps.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009

Bring more money. But yeah if you have a big trip planned and run out of money at the first bank, you might be in store for some searching in the car, then dump at your nearest dump bank. Just smile really big when the people passing by on foot stare at you.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

find out where the free coin machines are and dump if you have to. call ahead plan the trip and your stops. have fun and go 4 it

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

if i have a dump bank nearby (any with a free lobby counter or an account bank) then i work the first bank taking what i can and dumping and repeating until they are depleted then move to the next bank and repeat the process again. good luck :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Either what Omegaman said or Just stick to boxes. The reason being is you might have missed alot of silver at that first bank where you only bought 100. Always get them all if you can.

Golden silver

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer

I agree always buy what ever they have.
I went to a bank that had $800 and I knew some
of the rolls are dumps someone dropped off.
But, some of them are from other customers.
I have no idea whose.
I get them home $300 are dumps.
The other $500 are not his. Long story short.
Out of the other $500 I got 3 full rolls of 40%ers.
So,buy and dump and buy and dump.
hh
dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread