SILVER SCORE

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
I stopped at BOA to cash my Costco rebate check. While there I asked the teller if she had any half dollars. She replied, "I have $90 worth, how many do you want?" Suspecting a dump I asked who brought them in. She said "a man". Pressing a little further I found out he was an older gentleman who had "turned in his half dollar collection." Thinking it was too good to be true, I took all $90 worth.

The teller complained about have so many half dollars and wanted to make sure I didn't bring them back. As she was taking them out her vault, she dropped a roll. The "clang" of silver hitting silver was unmistakable. She thanked me several times as I walked out of the bank. Little did I know how thankful I would be.

I opened the first roll in the car and found an entire roll of Franklin's. Silver coin after silver coin appeared after that. The following are my counts:

10 Walking Liberty (oldest 1929)
45 Franklin's (oldest 1949)
23 1964 Kennedy's (all blast white)
68 Silver clad Kennedy's (ABU mostly)

and two 2005 P Kennedy's. The rest of the halves were common dates, but in great condition. Not too bad for someones dump I suppose!

Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I hit a box the other day that had about 4 rolls of 2002s and they look great. I'm saving them so far. The guy at the coin shop said he might give $12 for a roll if he needs some, but not now.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread