Witch Teller on Road Trip #4

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
So I am on another road trip and stop into my first bank of the day. I had called ahead and the teller I spoke with from this branch said they had a box of 500 halves that she would hold for me until yesterday. I know i had the right branch because I wrote down the telephone number and the address. This was a small town so it was impossible to get wrong. So I walk in with a smile and there was just one teller there. I inquire about the half dollars and say that I had called ahead for a pick-up. The lady gave me a strange look as if she did not know what I was talking about. She then turn to the manager sitting at her desk and asks if we have any halves. The manager snotily says "NO." She then begins with the question "DO YOU HAVE AN ACOUNT HERE?" I say no mam. She says "Well there is a 5% charge for exchanges with non cumstomers and regardless we don't have what you are looking for!" Let me explain something to y'all she was so rude I was caught off guard. It was not so much her words but her manner and the look on her face. You would think that I had personally insulted her or something. After she got done with her rapid speal She looked at me, lifted her eyebrow as if to say "Ok? So get the hell out of my bank" My mouth must have been hanging open because I looked at the other teller in disbelief and said WOW...Scary. I shook my head and walked out. As I got in my car I was so angry I wanted to go back and get the womens name and threaten her job but I did not. I was in a hurry to get on with the day that had just begun. Next time a bank treats me like this it will all come out.

Anyway this is my 4th trip in the BONANZA and I found a good amount of silver but by the skin of my teeth. I hit one town that had a monster CRHer in it. Almost every bank in this town had several hundred of this guys dumps. Sound like your town....own up guys? Anywho...I had thousands of searched through halves when I hit one bank where obviously the dump guy never asked if new halves came in. They did in deed and I got almost 5 solid rolls of silver from this one bank. It was my saving grace for this trip. No 90% this trip but almost 100 40% thanks to this guy not asking. Some of you guys are going damn I hope that is not my town. Well don't worry you will never know where i have been and where I am going. Hint it was a winter wonderland due to the noreaster that had just rolled through.

(1) 1965
(4) 1966
(42) 1967
(43) 1968
(3) 1969

Golden Silver

Attachments

• coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 394
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 388
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 382
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 394
  • coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 387
  • coin6.jpg
    coin6.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 389
  • coin7.jpg
    coin7.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i say dump on the witch.....she's probably mad because someone dropped a house on her sister ;D
anyways that is one hell of a score :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
That sucks about the mean teller! I had a teller like that, she was in fact the manager and didn't know I was a customer. She was embarressed when she found out that I was a customer. lol

Nice job on the silver!!!! :)

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Mistergee LOL ...that is hillarious. If I lived close you bet she would be counting my halves for years to come.

Golden silver

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Nice stack of silver!

I was with a friend who dealt with a horrid clerk once.
He resisted a profane response to her.

He asked, 'Did your puppy get run over by a truck this morning?'

Some people should not be allowed to be in public. Period.

Good luck on your next stop!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul. :thumbsup: I think you have a new dump bank too.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do all the time. If they have a machine that does not have a charge to use. Thay hate me!!!!!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
No, but if I lived close I would open an account just to dump tons of halves on that ladies desk.

Golden Silver

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find Golden Silver.

Just one question. Why do you call teh trip BONANZA????

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Well Darth, it is just a stupid name I made up for a string of road trips I planned when I was going through silver withdrawl over in Spain. My wife and child are still over in Spain for a few more weeks so I have a lot of free time for road trips Hence the BONANZA!. Usually I do one every couple of months.

Golden Silver

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, Last night I post about 2 lazy tellers I delt with yesterday.....tonight theres several posts with teller complaints. Maybe it has something to do with the moon or lunar cycle. Today is Wednesday....Hump night, maybe they will get a little, and be pleasant the rest of the week.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job on all that silver!!! I say when that happens to just ask their name and get the branch numbe and when you get finnished with your hunting start making phone calls!!!!! To hell with them, try everything you can to get them fired!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread