UPDATED FINAL TOTALS, some GREAT finds

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone,
I picked up my usual 12 boxes of pennies yesterday afternoon. I am six boxes into right now and decided I needed a little break so I figured I would post totals so far for the first six boxes. A few suprises come out of the first boxes. One thing that amazes me is how one box can be so different from the next. All of these boxes are dated Feb. 23, 2009 so I figured they would be kinda close in comparison but they are not. Totals are below broke up by box.

***************UPDATED TOTALS******************

BOX 1:
1 Indian Head 1903
19 Wheats
840 Copper pennies

BOX 2:
106 Wheats (2 steel)
1,420 Copper pennies
1 Phennig (1958) German

BOX 3:
29 Wheats
927 Copper pennies

BOX 4:
12 Wheats
821 Copper pennies

BOX 5:
78 Wheats (2 Steel)
1 Indian Head 1905
1,266 Copper pennies

BOX 6:
9 Wheats
606 Copper pennies

BOX 7:
90 Wheats (4 steel)
1,381 Copper pennies

BOX 8:
14 Wheats
655 Copper pennies

BOX 9:
9 Wheats
666 Copper pennies

BOX 10:
105 Wheats (4 steel)
1,370 Copper pennies

BOX 11:
68 Wheats
1,072 Coppers pennies

BOX 12:
32 Wheats
814 Copper pennies
TOTALS:

Indian Heads 2
Wheats 571
Steel Wheats 10 (shattered my last years total of 2)
Copper pennies 11,838 (236.76 rolls)

The totals I feel speak for themselves. These are not normal boxes, but I think the fact that I am doing over 40 boxes a week is helping me get some older boxes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Half way through boxes, some GREAT finds

Wow, looks like you're doing great with the wheaties and indians! :thumbsup:

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor

I would kill for those kind of boxes lol. Two indian heads in one day, 5 rolls of wheats from 6 boxes, and almost 40% copper? w00t! Hope the rest of the boxes are just as good!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Shake is back in full force! Awesome dude.

Golden Silver

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Damn!
Congrats!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, steel pennies! Havent found one yet.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

Jason,

Your numbers continue to be awesome. I'm averaging 412 coppers (not including wheats) per box, and 6.2 wheats per box so far this year.

Your copper numbers rae amazingly high. Keep it up.

:-)

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks eveyone for the great comments it is truelly great to be back CRHing after being out for over a month. Days like these make it worth wild. I love the coppers I am pulling I just started doing that.

**UPDATED TOTALS ABOVE**

Happy Hunting
Jason

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
How do you get through penny boxes so fast? Do you actually look at each individual penny? I've been going through a couple of jars and it's taking forever.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
alabamadan said:
How do you get through penny boxes so fast? Do you actually look at each individual penny? I've been going through a couple of jars and it's taking forever.

I search all by hand at this point. As soon as I can find a used Ryedale machine for sale or save up enough copper for a new one I will have one to search my pennies.

It takes me about 20 minutes per box to search pennies(I am a pro, fast at it) :tongue3: Also I have my wife help with the both of us we can do about 6 boxes an hour. If my son and wife help I can get about 7 - 8 boxes an hour.

But to answer your question EVERY coin get flipped to the obverse side and then sorted into pile, Wheats, 1959 - 81 copper, and then canvas bag for the zincs.

Right now averaging about 36 - 48 boxes a week in pennies, and another 10 boxes of misc.(nickels, dimes, halves)

Happy Hunting,
Jason

P.S. yes I am 34 and retired...

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well thats darn impressive, being 34 and retired. I'm jealous. Oh and you're not to shabby at going through pennies either.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
alabamadan said:
Well thats darn impressive, being 34 and retired. I'm jealous. Oh and you're not to shabby at going through pennies either.

LOL!!! I am not actually retired. I got seriously hurt on the job in 2007 and they were found gross negligent. Part of the law suit was that I would be considered retired and get my full pension benefits. Trust me with 3 back surgeries done and another in the future I would rather be working.

Jason

P.S. before you ask I dont move any of the coin boxes that I search, I have a team for that. Actually my banks load and unload my car, Then my wife or son bring them in and out of the house. I cant lift anything over 10 lbs. & most days have trouble walking. That is why I sit sorting coins or chatting on the net.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My respect to you.

I can not imagine my self searching cents

DW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW - Great job on those pennies!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Darth Walker said:
My respect to you.

I can not imagine my self searching cents

DW

Yes it is a lot of work but the rewards are GREAT. I have gotten a lot of key date wheats that are worth a great deal. Also I have had 49 boxes of straight skunks of halves so I have to do something that is profitable. I also just added to the profitability by sorting for copper cents and selling them. The good thing about cents is that I have never had a skunk box.

Jason

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Jason, it is good to see you making the most of your time :wink:. I have pretty good luck with halves, and enjoy pulling silver, but there is something about cents that I really enjoy. I can get easily bored going through a box of halves(even if there is silver) but it seems that there are so many more opportunities and varieties to be found with the pennies. Congratulations to you on your great success with recent boxes, and glad to see you back at it. Good luck, Gpurs..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread