First time CRH member

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
harpeter said:
Well, today I got my first $500 worth of half dollars. Now I know how a fisherman feels when he's out there all day and not a bite.

It took me 2 hours to go though 5 boxes. Not one silver of value. Although I had 156 centennial half's.. lol
:icon_scratch:
isn't 5 boxes $2,500? At any rate I've been having my own streak of bad luck on boxes, its a numbers game though so I'm sure the more you do the more you will get.

OP
OP
H

harpeter

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2009
Mine came in 5 boxes that were 4" by 6 1/2 ". Each box had 10 rolls with $10 value per roll.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
harpeter said:
Mine came in 5 boxes that were 4" by 6 1/2 ". Each box had 10 rolls with $10 value per roll.

You will get faster at it. It only takes 15 to 20 minuts to earch $500.

Interesting though that yours came in $100 increments.

What part of the country are you in and how were your boxes labeled. / dated.? Brinks? Loomis? Dunbar? CWI?

Thanks and good luck

Mojo

OP
OP
H

harpeter

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2009
I'm in the midwest. I have no idea what service they come from. The only thing on the boxes is "$100 Half Dollars"

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/harpeter/100boxes.jpg

How do you make the picture show up in the post instead of just the link?

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Whoa thats interesting haven't seen those boxes before! those would be neat to hold onto imho to store your future silver :)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Those types of boxes would make searching the rims a snap. You could go through a million bucks worth in a hour or so.

Jim

OP
OP
H

harpeter

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2009
I was lucky to scrape up $500 let alone a million...lol

Those boxes are really heavy duty also. I only got one lid though. When I go back to the bank I will ask them for the other 4 lids.

S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, I've gotten boxes like that in Wi & the U.P. of MI.

Better luck next time out!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, You wil get faster. it takes me about 7-10 minutes to search a box just for composition.

DW

OP
OP
H

harpeter

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2009
It is fine to just look at the edge for the 1964 and older but how can you tell on the 1965-1970 by looking at the edge. They are sandwitched with only 40%, aren't they. I looked at the dates on all 1,000 coins.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
The 40%er still have silver appearing edges - Some do have the sandwitched look but you can usually tell that they are silver by the edge, I also check all the dirty ones dates and any others that I consider "suspect" once you get some silver ones you will be able to notice the difference.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
harpeter said:
I'm in the midwest. I have no idea what service they come from. The only thing on the boxes is "$100 Half Dollars"

You should be able to post a photo in your post when typing your message there is a Add Images box below and a Browse button. Click the Browse Button and retrieve the image from your hard drive.

Mojo

OP
OP
H

harpeter

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2009
coinmojo said:
harpeter said:

You should be able to post a photo in your post when typing your message there is a Add Images box below and a Browse button. Click the Browse Button and retrieve the image from your hard drive.

Mojo

$100 boxes.jpg

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not say you got shut out those boxes are keepers

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction :thumbsup:.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
One of my branches said that halves come in $100 and I just figured they didn't know what was going on?

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Many banks here in WI have boxes like those, and they do not let the boxes leave the bank. You must bring a conatiner to put the rolls into. The $100 boxes have 10 rolls of halves per box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread