Working on my cubicle anda teller calls me

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working at my bank today on a commercial real estate concentration report sorting through loans, amortizations, interest rates, loan to values when the teller upstairs called my on the phone and told me,
"We just got about $42 worth of halves", I stoped what I was doing and rushed upstairs.

The halves were on the teller's tray and from my distance all looked silver. I got them all and began to search. Some of the ones that looked like silver were not. They were just all dirty. Other were Bicentennials.
I hate them. Long story short I found a common Kenn 68D and my first 64D mint mark on the back. T64 I already had 64 but they were all P with no mint mark.
I have done a lot better with loose halves and loose rolls than with rolls from boxes.

What is the reason for that?

I Love my tellers my I HATEEEEEEEEE BICENTENNIALS

DW

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Darth Walker said:
What is the reason for that?

DW

The reason is,,,, when someone turns in a small amount it most likely is a small accumulation saved over the course of that persons life or their loved ones life time. Halves do not circulate. Everyone and their mother saves them, till the day they die or need money. And then their loved ones or they cash them in, not knowing there is any true value. They may have actually been saving them since the 60's

Mojo

Mojo

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Coin Mojo (International Coin Roll Hunter of Mistery)

DW

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good for you. There are only three tellers downstairs and one picks all the loose coins/unique currency that comes in. My only chance is rolls from down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread