I made $6.20 CRHing today!

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008
I looked through $355 in hand rolled dimes today. 90% of the dime rolls had at least 1 extra dime and 5 of them had 2 extra dimes. Ended up with 62 extras dimes. Bonus: I also found 3 silver roosies '64d, '64, 56d. Also 3 canadians. I have been keeping stats of extra coins found in customer rolled coins and have found the following this year:

132 extra dimes in penny and dime rolls
129 extra pennies
3 extra nickels
6 extra quarters
1 extra half dollar

If I am shorted a coin I just subtract from the overall running totals. Anyone else keep stats like these. I love customer hand rolled coins. More money to CRH with.

Semper Fi

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy money!!! My banks don't take rolled coins so I cannot get them, but almost every time I get my dumps ran through the machines I usually get extra money. Like if I run $500 in half's it sometimes gives me something like $500.37. Where the extra change comes from I have no Idea but I'll take it. :icon_pirat:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I don't actually count the coins anymore, as it would slow me down too much. I want to get on to the next roll faster.

But I also know that I get a lot of foreign coins in my mix. Like Mexican Peso's mixed in with the halves. That cuts into our gains from extra coins int he rolls, and I think the losses pretty much offset the gains from my extra coins in the dime and penny rolls.

But that still leaves the copper and silver we cull as profits. I'll sell off my copper when prices go back up in about 1 - 2 years. I see copper already strong, and output forecasts are for much lower copper production in 2010. That, along with some recovery starting by then, especially in china, should boost copper prices back up. They are alreaedy showing a little strength, although this recession will hold it down for now. The silver? I'll probably hold my silver coins until silver screams up to unexpected levels or I die, whichever comes first. I just hope my son doesn't then take all my silver and release it into the wild again for face value. For another CRH to find! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread