Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife called me from work and said, "an older lady brought in some halves and there are '68's, 67's, 64, etc. Do you want 'em?"

15 40's and a '64.

She doesn't crh, she says......

Thanks baby! FFD

Attachments

• 030609.jpg
    030609.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
S

seger98

What better place for a CRHer's wife to work then a bank! :thumbsup: Better keep her...

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
FFD;
How about asking her for the "insider's" answers to all those questions that we CRHers are always asking about? For instance, do banks just pull fee charges out of their hat? Why does one branch of the same bank want to charge fees whereas the next branch has no problem with ordering or accepting dumps without a word about fees?? Do the armored carriers charge banks premiums to pick up and deliver coin in doing their regular duties?? Can a delivery company be asked to bring coin "from the BOTTOM of the stack"?? Do tellers typically save silver? Your wife obviously does. Are bank employees able to switch out and buy coin whenever they want?? What about coin machines?? Do they reject silver?? Who's going to win American Idol?? Is Paula drinking again??

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Mentone Grizz said:
FFD;
How about asking her for the "insider's" answers to all those questions that we CRHers are always asking about? For instance, do banks just pull fee charges out of their hat? Why does one branch of the same bank want to charge fees whereas the next branch has no problem with ordering or accepting dumps without a word about fees?? Do the armored carriers charge banks premiums to pick up and deliver coin in doing their regular duties?? Can a delivery company be asked to bring coin "from the BOTTOM of the stack"?? Do tellers typically save silver? Your wife obviously does. Are bank employees able to switch out and buy coin whenever they want?? What about coin machines?? Do they reject silver?? Who's going to win American Idol?? Is Paula drinking again??
MG That's funny! I will seek the answers to those questions! My insider tends to act clueless when I inquire such.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Tat is a great team work. If you wife does not know a lot about crh you can teach her. You never know nest time it can be an 1/4 oz American eagle that pass as a dollar.

Congrats

And reply for Mentone.

I do work at a bank and yes, tellers that know about CRH can keep the silver as long as they buy it back or replace the money at face value. A teller can just put aside the halves out of customers sight and buy the stuff at the end of the shift. There are no rules ageist that. Also it is well known that tellers look for coins.

All the Banks have fees. The branches do not invent them out of a thin air. Most of the time the teller will not charge a fee due to the fact that it is more work for him/her and they do not bother since they do not get paid more for charging a fee. Also they do not like confrontation. I have said it before ask for a service charge booklet and you Will even see that banks charge commercial customers for depositing bills in amounts over $1000.00. The managers can waive the fee but believe me the CEOs do not like that.

About the carriers I do not know a lot.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other questions are, " Are teh Steelers repating next year?, Is JK Rowling going to write an other HP book?

All that

DW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions