Why wont the Indian Head come out to play..........

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
Just wanted to vent alittle with you. So far ive been CRH for about a yr and 3 months. I Have gone through so much mixed coin its insane. In that time periode i have found a BARBER half, a V nickel, and over 1100 wheaties. I have just started to keep track of the boxes. Since Jan 1st i have gone through 30 Boxes of pennies with no sign off an IH. Thats not even counting all the pennies i did in 08. What gives?

Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to come by, I have only found one

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'd say you are about due. Not terriby "overdue", but at least due. I got 2 IHs lst year, and 1754 wheats. And that was on a little over 700,000 pennies. So a ratio of 1 to 350000. (And only 6.2 wheats per box on average). So you have done enough you should have one by now. :-)

Keep plugging though. They come. Rare, but they come.

I;ve never found a barber or a V, so it evens out. And all the thigns we find are wonderful :-)

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
jrf30 said:
I'd say you are about due. Not terriby "overdue", but at least due. I got 2 IHs lst year, and 1754 wheats. And that was on a little over 700,000 pennies. So a ratio of 1 to 350000. (And only 6.2 wheats per box on average). So you have done enough you should have one by now. :-)

Keep plugging though. They come. Rare, but they come.

I;ve never found a barber or a V, so it evens out. And all the thigns we find are wonderful :-)

thanx for the info il keep pluggin away

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008
Keep plugging away. I finally got my first IH out of a 50 dollar bag in January and my second one two days ago in a box. I didn't find a single IH last year, and I found 610 wheaties. This year I've got 151 wheats. It will happen soon.

Semper Fi

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to sound like a jerk but, you can't find one unless somebody puts one into circulation. I'm still looking for my first barber half & I have checked 92 boxes since I started. Somepeople find a few of them a year, its all the luck of the draw. :thumbsup:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Men. Why to worry about IH. They are worth nothing most of them.

it is alot of work to do cents.

DW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darth Walker said:

DW

Its all about the hunt - anyone can find a walker or franklin merc or rosie, but when it comes to finding 100 year old coins still in circulation, that's when the treasure hunting really begins. Don't get me wrong, we all keep the BS silver we come across, but give me a IH, V-Nickel, or a Barber, that's what I'm looking for!!!! :icon_pirat:

Sure we could just go out and buy them, they aren't expensive but wheres the fun in that? :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
TreasureFiend said:
Darth Walker said:

DW

Its all about the hunt - anyone can find a walker or franklin merc or rosie, but when it comes to finding 100 year old coins still in circulation, that's when the treasure hunting really begins. Don't get me wrong, we all keep the BS silver we come across, but give me a IH, V-Nickel, or a Barber, that's what I'm looking for!!!! :icon_pirat:

Sure we could just go out and buy them, they aren't expensive but wheres the fun in that? :icon_pirat:
total agreed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions