half dollar wrappers

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Thanks, at banks how many half dollar wrappers do banks normally have?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not buy them. Most of teh banks have them. Just ask.

DW

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont wrap them period. Take em to a bank with a counter so they get mixed again with other coins........one day when you go to a bank like I did last friday and get 1500.00 of someone elses dumps you will know what im talking about. Another bank same day had 800.00. 2300.00 dumps in a day....Soon payback time if thats the way its gonna be. Guess I'll start ordering 20 boxes a week and dump 6 at every bank in a 50 mile radius.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well I wrap mine back up in the same wrappers they come in. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. I can pick open an end, go through it, put it back and roll it back down so it looks like it's never been opened. Then I mark the paper so I know if I ever get them back. None of my banks have those dump machines so I have to carry them to a teller and I figure there's less moaning if they're rolled.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Alabamadan;
If you return them to banks re-rolled "so it looks like it's never been opened", there is a very good chance that they will just give them out again to the next CRH'er that happens along. Why do you have to do such a thorough job? If they are loosely twisted up on one end, anybody can tell that then are re-rolls. If you make it look like it has never been searched, one of us is going to get your searched rolls.
- Grizz

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well I thought it might give the banks I'm dumping at a better feeling and they wouldn't squwak as much. You're right. I'll try folding the ends over on one side and see if the bank even notices.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Alabamadan;
It won't make a difference to the banks whether the opened ends of your rolls are simply folded over or are crimped tightly down like the machines do them. The primary difference is that anyone buying coin can tell that those specific rolls have most likely been searched.
I have had several occasions where I purchased boxes that did not initially appear tampered with, but upon close inspection it was evident that a searcher had rerolled in the same wrappers, crimped down the end in a very professional manner, and then replaced the rolls in the boxes UPSIDE DOWN so that only the machine-crimped ends could be viewed. Getting typical, luck-of-the-draw skunk boxes is not nearly as frustrating as taking home boxes that turn out to have been disguised and misrepresented.
- Grizz

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
alabamadan said:
Well I do write on the wrappers so you'd now someone had messed with them.

Not a problem with rerolling.... just making them apper to be unsearched. Make sure you use a dark black marker. So the vender has to repackage them. It would not be cool for them to redistribute unverified rolls.

Oh and "THANK GOD YOUR IN ALABAMA"

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread